1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Yet another dual class question

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Manton, Jun 18, 2001.

1. Manton Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] If I start with a fighter or fighter-type class (like a ranger) and later dual to cleric, am I limited to using only cleric weapons?

That is, even after my (say) ranger skills return, am I limited to using blunt weapons and slings?

2. ayecapitan Guest

Yes, ye will be limited to clerical weapons (AFAIK if ye choose fighter/cleric ye might be able to reach GM in clerical weapons, correct me and put me to public shame if i am wrong), but ye'll have a good choice of flails and maces + a certain enormously buffed up warhammer, but 'tis a real shame of the game...

3. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Yep, you´ll be limited to cleric weapons. This isn´t too silly as you have some of the best weapons in the game at hand: Flail-of-the-ages (+4 !), mace of disruption, anduria´s fall (funny, can slow down hasted golems :D ) and this certain enormously buffed up warhammer.
    Playing a dwarf you can also buy a great returning warhammer in trademeet (for dwarves only).

4. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Flails, maces, warhammers, and slings have been mentioned, but not clubs. I can see why they get the shaft but there is a +3 club called Blackblood in Trademeet from the same merchant that you can get the Dwarven Thrower from. It does acid damage as well and is not bad for a club. Also if you are a Druid you will get another +3 club from the Spirit of the Grove called the Root of the Problem, it looks like a mini-tree branch but its great, doing poison damage and extra damage to unnatural creatures. So the moral of the story is I suppose Clerics should concentrate on flails, maces, warhammers, and slings and leave clubs to druids.

5. antoine Guest

[​IMG] WARNING: You mentioned a fighter-type class, but only a fighter can dual class into a cleric (ranger and paladins can't dual class at all)

6. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Rangers can dual class to Clerics; there have been many people who have done so (though I haven't)...

7. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

well, I just tried to start a game and see if the ranger can dualclass, and... he can't. Not in bg2 at least.

8. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Perhaps you didn't have all the prerequisites set up correctly. You must be Human with 17 in the Cleric's prime stats (Wisdom I think) and 15 in the Ranger's prime stats (not sure, but I'd guess Wisdom and Strength).

9. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

well, that's for class selection once you allready have clicked on the dualclass button, but the button was unclickable(dark and shadowed)

10. Ragusa

Media:
    [​IMG] rangers can actually dual to clerics, since the ranger-cleric is a valid mc option for half-elves (only). Your stats need to be appropiate ...

11. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

yes you're right, I was wrong, Rangers can dualclass, and constitution is rangers primary stat (or so it says)

12. Ragusa

Media:
    In general: you can dual a char into any given valid multiclassing option as long as your stats match *both* classes.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.