1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Yet another Bodhi question

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Laches, Aug 22, 2002.

1. Laches Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

(Possible Spoilers)

Hey all, I've come back to BG2 and started a new game as a neutral evil F/T. I know when I've played a thief in the past and accepted the stronghold Bodhi wouldn't give me the option of joining her. If you do the quest for Renal Bloodscalp, and kill Mae-Var but then turn down the offer of the thief guild, will Bodhi then allow you to join up with her. I've done the thief guild quest before and don't mind passing it up to side with Bodhi for the first time. I'd also like Mae'Var's armor. Any help is appreciated.

2. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Hello,

I've done precisely the same thing. I haven't had that happen to me. But ... to know more, I must eliminate a possibility. You haven't talked to Aran Linvail yet have you? Whether it's Bodhi or Aran, take sides is a 'you're with us or your not' proposition.

3. Laches Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Nope, haven't sided with either Bodhi or the shadowthieves yet. Like I said, when I played thieves in the past and accepted the stronghold, I was precluded from taking up with Bodhi though I had not talked to Aran Linvail. This makes sense to me, why would she try to cut a deal with a guild leader of her opponents? (unless she were really devious and then had you do even more devious quests to destabalize the shadow thieves such as use your position to steal plans etc. but i digress.) What I'm wondering is, if you don't accept the stronghold, and haven't yet accepted a pact with the shadowthieves, are you still precluded from siding with Bodhi based solely upon your class?

4. Walker Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Do Nalia's quest first. Take the fighter stronghold, and when you do Renal's quests you won't be offered the guildhouse. I'm dualing with Berserker/Thief and did Nalia's quest first and took possession of the castle, when I did the thieves quests, just was offered the gold, not asked to manage the guildhouse.

5. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Mae'Var has nothing to do with Aran vs Bodhi. If that was so, you would never be able to side with Bodhi and get Edwin in your party.
    Proceed with any path you wish.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.