1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Yep, another #@$&+! ToB romance problem

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Joesocwork, Jul 5, 2002.

1. Joesocwork Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Okay Extremist, 8People or BG afficiandos who specialize in this area:

I began ToB w/ a successful Jaheira romance, with the CLUA editor Global=2 and with the LT equaling 73 (one extra dialogue in the rain soaked forest just before meeting Illasera), but I have not heard a blessed word fr her since.

She hasn't died or been expelled. Saverok was added since and took the oath.
    I decided to take other's suggestions of tweaking back or forth on the LT, & I even decided to let the game run for 24 hours straight to induce dialogues fr the NPC's. The only ones of significance (w/out giving away spoilers) were great stories revolving around Saverok and Imoen; Heck, even Anomen seemed less of a jerk (instead he came across as well meaning but clumsy). But not a word fr Jaheira (except her particular spiel about balance & of everyone's talk being tired of waiting around, which they all, including the main character, gave during the experiment).

Sooooo, is there something that I have to do, or some incident to wait on, or do I have to replay all the way back to Irenicus?? Folks :help:
    Tx! -Joe

2. A walkthrough will answer thi(Methink's).You need to buy her an amulet from the dock's to "usually"start the romance so you should try it out.

3. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    This id ToB Padine.

Where are you in the game and what chapter, also re-check your progression with her. Try going to the pocket plane and resting

4. Joesocwork Gems: 1/31

I've made it as far as Marching Mt ready to go into Yaga Shura's Enclave. Up to then, while in ToB, the LT increased to 73 while in the raining forest just before Imoen and my <char> faced Illasera in the Elven Palace. I spent plenty of time in the Pocket Plane to invoke conversations between the NPC's. But nothing has progressed since.

I think I am going to replay the SoA ending to restart & go slower to allow more real time for the conversations. (I also am going to use it to tinker w/ a Cespenar bug). But Padine's post does make me wonder if there are possible other interactions or items carried over fr SoA. I think I've gone through/ done everything so far.

5. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Have you:

Done the Bhodi quest with her in chapter 6
    Done the Harper quests and completed them

The amulet is just a little extra that is not needed, you must have completed the harper quests. If Bhodi didn't take her away then you obviously haven't completerd the romance enough to continue through SoA

6. Joesocwork Gems: 1/31

Yes I did both the Harpers & Bohdi quests. A bug did cause Terminsel to come twice. I could not stop Jaheira fr becoming a vampire, but the ritual @ the Temple of Amuana cured her; her rescue conversation appeared romantic and the CLUA stats remained in tact. I did replay the SoA ending & everything is status quo so far.

7. 8people

Media:
    Everything should work, IIRC inbetween the Gromnir incident and Yaga-Shura there is one dialog, then another after Yaga-Shura, this may not be the case but the dialogs are often triggered in ToB depending how far you are in the main plot

8. PseudoDragon Gems: 1/31

After what i have understood Jaheira is the only romance plot not to continue in TOB

??

is this true ?. im replaying the game right now and have tried both Viconia and Airie(orwhatshername) but not Jaheira. (whom im playing with now) (chuckle playing)

Ive gotten to around the point where she is becoming affectionate. and then i find out there is a download with lots of spiffy things including (and here i was shocked) The jaheira Romance plot for TOB

Might be mistaken here. but would be nice to find out.

9. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I suspect that the Elminster appearing twice thing is the culprit.

It's probably too late, but for future reference
    www.worldzone.net/games/manveru/jaheira.html

The reason that it's too late is that it prevents the problems and bugs from occurring beforehand. It won't fix them after they've already started.

10. Death Whisper Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

reading this topic reminds me of imoen who is constantly flirting with every male in my party, hell she is even flirting with minsc, sarevok jan and anemon (the last beeing keldorn). (i kicked jan to bring in annoymen, i needed some cleric power).

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.