1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

XP cap --details

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by toast, Jan 30, 2001.

1. toast Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

How do experience points get allotted after somone hits the cap? Are the total points now divided by 5 instead of 6?
    Does that maxed player just quit counting as far as the numbers go?

2. IronEagle Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

because its a game i have no clue how the makers distro the point, but in my opinion making the points not count once a player hits the cap would be ALOT of trouble to go through. My guess would be if you still have a 6 person party, it will still count for all 6 characters

3. Zorac Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I believe you still get the XP. You just can't use them because of the cap. If you remove the cap you will have the xp you earned.

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  5. IronEagle Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

isnt that what i said?

6. the rare Monkey Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I havent yet reach the cap...
    I mean, where will I get the Exp needed to go over it...Im in the end of chapter 6..
    shall I use the cheat for monster summoning or what...

7. Amon-Ra Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Your brain has reached a cellular max. You no longer can store information and your technique has reached a predetermined maximum.

Until a friendly user like Alan-1 comes along and helps you fight the MCP.

Amon-Ra

8. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

If you have done all (and I do mean all-at least for your alignment)the side quests, by chapter 6, you should have almost reached the cap, if not reached it. I reached it by chapter 6 at least.

9. toast Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

It was the others in my group that I'm worried about. Minsc just stopped at 17, Anomen is coming up on 21 and my monk is a god-like 21, but Aerie is 12/12 , Jaheira is 12/13, and Imoen is only a 15. It'd sure be nice to go on with stronger mage than that.

I've been killing time before going back to the Elven City while waiting for this damned Jaheira romance/harper thingee to work out, and I'm running outta victims for experience.

10. Zorac Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

The only one lacking seems to be Imoen. Jaheira and Aerie wont get much further. Maybe you should have picked up Imoen earlier.

11. Mage_0 Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

If you going down to the sewers under the temple section, to where the screaming wall is, one the way to the lost temple is.

If you click on the wall when the question mark comes up you normally get a wandering horror 9000 XP and two sword spiders don't know there xp every time you click, That should give you a boost.

[This message has been edited by Mage_0 (edited February 02, 2001).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.