1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Wyrm Call

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by dragon903, Jun 27, 2001.

1. dragon903 Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] When i read my my Baulders Gate 2 Booklet
    i discovered Wyrm Call
    I really excited about this spell
    {who needs Pit Fiends}
    Can Anyone Tell me where the Wyrm Call Spell is Located
    {Wyrms Rule!)
    By The Way BlackThrone
    i did not know you were one of the people that help keeps this board safe.

2. ayecapitan Guest

It is named Wyvern Call, Wyvern! It summons a Wyvern. Do not be so excited, at least keep most of it to yourself and spell Baldur's gate correctly, aye?

....deedni ,loof a si ro ,deticxe hcum oot tsuj si allef eht sknihteM

[This message has been edited by ayecapitan (edited June 27, 2001).]

3. dragon903 Gems: 5/31

[​IMG] Ok can anyone tell me
    where Wyvern Call is at

4. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

It is at the shade lord's dungeon at the Umar Hills.
    but I don't know why is it so important to you.

Wyverns ain't so good at all!

5. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

It's also one of the spells in the Book of Infinite spells, get that book and you can cast it once a day (also with fighter)

6. antoine Guest

that book is always different, I tried to write down in which order you get the spells, but when I tried it again there where completely different spells in it and I never seen wyvern call in it

7. Vicsun Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Possible places:
    1. Spell shop in Wakeen's Promonade
    2. Ribald's adventure mart in Wakeen's Promonade (either Ribald himself or a lady at the back who sells spells)
    3. Shadow Thief Guild

8. Maldir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

9. dragon903 Gems: 5/31

Are you Kidding Wyverns are so tough
    {Well it is in another game i play}
    I Think Those Mini Dragons are cool!

10. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Mini dragons? You mean - imps! :p

11. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Antoine ---> Yep in the link Maldir gave there's a dicussion about the book. There are I thought 8 spells in the book, always the same spells. But in a different way, so you have to turn the page and try and so on until you get the Wyvern Call that is always in the book.

BTW, a Wyvern is no Dragon (however a greater wyvern can be very big)

[This message has been edited by Headbanger (edited June 27, 2001).]

12. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Not exactly. What spells appear on what pages is random (though there seems to be some weighting with regard to level; lower level spells seemed to be more likely). The whole book could contain nothing but the same spell if you were really unlucky. There was one time I paged through it that Fireball showed up 3 or 4 times. I don't think I ever saw Spell Turning...

[This message has been edited by Blackthorne TA (edited June 27, 2001).]

13. ayecapitan Guest

In SK there are methinks 7 items called the book of infinites spells, each of those containing different spell. But the spells are random, and you can get any one you want - take, save, flip page, if you dont like what you get - reload, flip again, get a differemt one.

14. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I don't care what spells you got or not.
    I retried the book so many damned times (plus reload) and posted that list of 10 possible spells. That wasn't based on any util - that was from my notes from the game.

[Edit]
    Dear Lord! BTA that was not towards you - see the util I just looooooove in the post before mine.

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited June 27, 2001).]

15. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Extremist - Was that comment directed at me? If so, I was not disputing the veracity of your spell list. What I was saying is on your way through the book, you are not guaranteed to run across every one of the possible spells; it's random.

16. The Grim Ripper Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] i agree aye captin, he may be a loof
    lol
    at least i understand what you are talking about

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.