1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

WTF? The Slayer got slain!

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Lord Praetor Munir, May 5, 2001.

1. Lord Praetor Munir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Ok, I am now figthing Kangaxx... ive spent the last 4 hours attacking him from every angle..

yes, i tried summoning loads of creatures and i still lost after he turned into a demi-lich...

what I tried was... I use the Spell protection scrolls against Abjuration.. changed into slayer form...

I was able to deal damage to him at last in demi-lich form but for a second before I was killed! i dont know how I was killed... some spell I think.. and I was in Slayer form!!! SLAYER is suppose to be immune to spells right?

someone help me... none of the tactics on the boards seem to work... and i am using the celestial fury and Crom FAeyr

2. antoine Guest

he did imprisoment on you and the slayer isn't imumune for that.

I just attacked him with Keldron, Minsc and my main character (cleric/ranger with crom faeyr) and I had him down in no time.

When he changed in the demi lich I changed into the slayer.

3. Parvini Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

The easitest method I've ever used is this:

Have Korgan wearing the helmet that can cast Simulacram and armed with the Crom Fyer, cast it... beserk both Korgan's and have a mage cast haste on them. Dead in no time.

Note: Minsc's beserk does not work in the same way

4. Lord Praetor Munir Gems: 11/31

but I have the spell immunity... from Abjuration... the spell aint suppose to hurt me.. but you know what... i didnt get imprisoned i think.. coz i could see my body and my armour on the floor after i died.. so question is...

what other spells does Kangaxx cast... i mean.. i have two protection scrolls right.. i can have one for abjuration and the other... what should i use it for?

5. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] The duration of that spell is 3 rounds + 1 round/level.

6. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Out of interest - Isn't it slayed, not slained? :D

7. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Actually it's slain, and it will be fixed right now. ;)

8. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Damnityour right - I should have thought before trying to be clever :)

[This message has been edited by Wildfire (edited May 06, 2001).]

9. Da Punisher Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

We're not all Americans you know... (Although Tal speaks the language like one ;))

10. Bruce the Monk Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Lord Praetor Munir, I think your main character has being killed by the special ability demi howl. To defeat the demi lich I used a scroll of spell protection on my main character and a +4 weapon (demi lich can only be killed by a 4+). This tactic works all the time for my character, but it will take some time to kill the demi lich since you can only deal 2-5 damage every hit.

11. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] Lord Praetor Munir!

The Slayer Form isn't immune to all forms of magic. He is only immune to maze, imprisonment, hold, level drain and charm spells. Besides it is only 40% magic resistant. So the Demilich Howl, which is in my opinion similar to the 9 th level spell Vail of the Bansee, could have possibly killed your Slayer changed character.

[This message has been edited by TIN_MAN (edited May 07, 2001).]

12. Lord Praetor Munir Gems: 11/31

so... should i get spell protection (necromancy) instead? and Im using some amulet i got somewhere that grants me 10% magic resistance... and Im using the CromFaeyr.... ill try again.. later

i got so sick of that crypt i went on to the graveyards and towards Suldanesaller

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.