1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

worst parties

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Parvini, Apr 24, 2001.

1. Parvini Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] What is the worst party you guys can think of?

I'd say this one is pretty bad:

A bard
    Haer'delis
    Cernd
    Nalia
    Failed Anomen
    Valygar

Relying on Nalia's puny THief AND mage skills with two bards, Anomen as the not so hot cleric and a front line of Valygar and shapshifted Cernd. Obivously this is not an awful party but I'd like to see if someone can put a worse one together.

2. Dudette Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

how about a mage dualled to a fighter right at the start... and the rest of the npc's that u said

3. Lothar Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Bard is worse. Much, much worse. Thinking of playing a bard almost makes me cry.

In pen and paper, they aren't too bad, but in BG2? I shudder to think...

4. ayecapitan Guest

lawful good half-orc mage with int@3 (go shadowkeeper!)
    viconia
    keldorn
    what a bunch ;)

5. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] How about this?

A halfling cleric-thief with disastrous wisdom and dexterity
    Minsc
    Edwin
    (I don't know if it be true, but these two will likely tear each other apart)
    Haer'Dalis
    (Good old good for nothin bard)
    Cernd
    (A shapeshifter- YUKK!)

What a Rag-tag-bunch'o suckers!

This be the worst party make-up I can imagine.

6. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] Get these guys together:
    - Viconia & Keldorn
    - Aerie & Anomen
    Then make sure Anomen fails his quest.

Now sit back and watch more than sparks fly as time goes by. :D

- Fill out with Nalia as the lousy party thief (Good mage skills though).

- Wizard Slayer dual classed to a Mage would look just fine as the leader of this party. :eek:

7. Parvini Gems: 10/31

yeah Tin man but Minsc and Edwin are both brilliant... I've had them together before and all that happens is Edwin bugs Minsc about his dead witch or something.. funny though. Keldorn is the most righteous guy ever, if you take even slightly evil decisions he's outta there, just goes to show you how fake Anomen is when 'lawful good' really.

8. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] You know PARV, I think keeping good guys like Keldorn in your party is rather messy.
    Keldorn is a fair fighter, but there is a bunch of stupid family problems and a clumsy quest he brings to you, then he leaves(with Carsomyr +5...sigh). He's mutch likely a mess, so I usually don't bother keepeing him in the party.

9. Parvini Gems: 10/31

In my game Keldorn's wife left him and he went off and told me to meet him at the order.. and the wife went to jail and the blokey was hanged or something... and that was it, why does everyone moan about his quest? He got no exp. though

10. ayecapitan Guest

Make a male char ang get all 3 romance candidates and see them try to bite each other's throat out!

11. Deano99 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

the worst party that could possibly be made is a WHOLE party of generic Bards

ooo err

but if you talking NPCs, just take

Viconia
    Aerie
    Jahiera
    Haer'Dalis
    and urm...
    Korgan

that should be mighty interesting

Korgan would bitch at aerie, the women would fight, Haer'Dalis would fight with you over Aerie, complete and utter chaos!!

;D

12. Parvini Gems: 10/31

That party is still a little strong i would argue

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.