1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Worse things you can do!

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by omnigodly, Jan 6, 2005.

1. omnigodly Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Veteran

Okay, I felt, that since I've made SO many mistakes in the game, that've screwed me big time, maybe I can feel better by asking everyone else to describe their biggest mistakes!

My most current and I believe worste one is... I dropped the shadow thief cellar key somewhere... and I don't know where. I thought I had it, but apparently not! haha, now I'm stuck looking for the CLUA console code for it, and I've no idea where to find it, (sorcerers site doesn't have it).

What about you guys?

[ January 06, 2005, 20:34: Message edited by: Beren ]

2. San Ti Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

well you can download infinity explorer and find the key in the misc section...you can find it in this site...well biggest mistake ever done was to lose the crom fayer scroll and the pommel juel and because when you go to aran linvail he gives you some items and my stupid character droped those and some other items... :doh:

[ January 06, 2005, 21:57: Message edited by: San Ti ]

3. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

The stupidest thing I did was...well, I had this F/M fighting Ytossi and Nalmissra etc. in WK, and he was casting Time Stop, while fully protected...but then I saw Nalmissra (the priest??) casting True Sight, so I ran over to beat her out of it... :rolleyes:

I only had one Time Stop memorized... :(

PS: Cool thread Omni :thumb:

PPS: The CLUA code is "key12"

4. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    You can also use Shadowkeeper to get a lot of items you lose or miss. In game CLUA is faster.
    In the game I just finished I missed going to the Mind Flayers in the Underdark and now I missing items I could use for upgrades. In past games I've also lost items. IIRC I lost the pommel jewel. Now I've learned to pay more attention to messages and also get a bag of holding.

5. San Ti Gems: 5/31

where can i buy a bag of holding i used to have one but i cant remember where to buy it from or who has it....

6. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

You cannot buy a bag of holding in SOA. You get one in the asylum and if you've lost it then you will have to cheat and summon another one into your inventory.

7. omnigodly Gems: 17/31

Veteran

@FaraazKey 12 doesn't work, I went through and decided Key1-30 would be a good idea to see if CLUA console gave me keys... and well I had them all and the door wouldn't open :-P.

And thanks, I thought it might be a cool one :-D

Oh yea, I think another one of my worste events was.... dun dun dun! killing folks in town and forgetting to save before hand... man oh man, that's 6 hours of my BG2 life I'll NEVER get back :(

8. Niskers Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

IT wasn't until I played a bard that I learned to ALWAYS keep several empty spaces in the PC's inventory. I got the deed to the playhouse when my inventory was full, which means I dropped something very important in the planar prison and couldn't go back. And in keeping with Murphy's Law, I hadn't saved after battling the big guy. I forget what the item was, but it was important enough to have to redo. After that I came back, only to discover that the playhouse was reloaded and all my extra stuff, including the jewel and the gesen bow etc that had been in the playhouse chest was gone. Disasters in drama...

9. Blog Gems: 23/31

Hehe, I usually save often enough so that I could backtrack if anything bad happens. That seems to be the common aspect of all problems: no recent save.

Here's one of mine: One time through Bodhi's Gauntlet, I killed the special kobold with the wooden stake, but I couldn't find the corpse to loot it from. So I was scanning the screen with my mouse millimeter by millimeter hoping for the cursor to highlight the treasure. In the end I never found it and used Shadowkeeper.

10. Faraaz Gems: 26/31

@Omni: Heh...I picked it out of Shadowkeeper...must've been some other stupid key.

Try "MISC4S"

11. NonSequitur Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I think the biggest mistake I ever made in SOA was forget to take a stake into the Asylum. Damn, that sucked - I had to reload from when I whacked Bodhi's coven and grab another stake, then go back to Aran Linvail and take the boat... only to realise that I had relied on auto-save since just before that time.

Not really a big one, but annoying as hell after doing ALL that Spellhold stuff, only to realise that without having ShadowKeeper or any technical skills whatsoever, I couldn't complete the Asylum.

12. Niskers Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

You mean a stake for the gauntlet? Isn't there one in there on a Kobold corpse? I always find I have too make of the things.

13. Faraaz Gems: 26/31

Heh...you could've just CLUA'd it in.

14. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

I press the tab key which highlights all dropped objects and (non-hidden) openable containers/doors.

Edit:
    Worse thing I did recently was not to shoot straight off to the Umar hills on the Paladin stronghold quest. I then went all the way through Umar and the ruins before going back to the Radiant heart. Just couldn't bring myself to accept the drop in reputation so had to go back to a reload which happened to be just before taking on Firkragg.

[ January 07, 2005, 16:54: Message edited by: Carcaroth ]

15. Blog Gems: 23/31

The tab key doesn't work for me... is a TOB only thing? All it does is pop up messages over buttons and shows hit points over characters' heads.

16. Andyr Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

It needs ToB installed, yes.

17. omnigodly Gems: 17/31

Veteran

Hmm... I wonder if Tal has any interesting stories like these to share with us? Heh, and well since things seem to have paused and strained away, I'll try and get us back on track again.

Okay, when I first played the game I was like this gem is cool, but I can sell it for 300gold!!, and I'll probably never find the other pieces. So I sold it, I think to ribald. Well later I ran into the piece you find in the Illithid city, I'm like cool, I found 2/3 pieces, that should work out quite nicely if Irun into thethird! But yea you know? it's wasting space, and I doubt I'll find the third.... so I throw it away, (sell to NPC for like 15gp). As I'm finishing in the underdark, I decide... I should just clear it all out, my first time here, let's experience it all, well as I kill the first beholder and I find the last piece to the equalizer... I cry, 'cause I can't get back in the drow city where I sold the piece from the illithids :(

18. San Ti Gems: 5/31

well that happened today: i was in the temple district and i was already warned once by the cowled wizards not to use spells and i used find familiar and there you go here come thhe wizards and i used a fireball which accidentaly hit some knights and killed a "few" peasants only one thing i will say REPUTATION:2 and a bunch of knights,wizards and the amnish soldiers attacking me.great!i had to reload from a save which was 2 serious quests before which were within the temple district...its not that important but it is REALLY annoying

19. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    The dumbest thing I ever did was go back to Athkatla right before going in to ToB, and after I had cleared out [snip]...When I went back I decided to have some fun, so I killed as many people that I could see until the paladins, wizards, and Amnish soldiers started coming after me. I was able to kill most of them, but after awhile, I started running out of spells. At one point, I wasn't paying attention to my PC, and he got slaughtered...but instead of reloading then, I exited the game.

When I came back to play the game almost a week later, my save game file somehow got corrupted or something, because the only file that would load properly was the auto-save...which happened near the end of my battles with to cowled wizards. :doh:

I decided to just start the game over since I was really trying to see Aerie [snip]... :rolling:

[Major ToB spoilers removed.] -Tal

[ January 08, 2005, 01:29: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

20. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] People, please keep in mind that this forum is for SoA only and that ToB spoilers will be removed.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.