1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Working for Bodhi and other questions

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Raist, Jun 6, 2002.

1. Raist Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Hi all, this is the first time I'm playing as an evil char. My question is how do I work for bodhi but at the same time also have edwin in my group?
    -Next question, i heard on the post that if I have keldorn and viconia in my party, they will fight?? Is this true? Is there any other NPCs who would fight each other?
    -Next question (sorry got a couple of questions so I'll ask them all at one), do I need to choose all the evil path such as getting that nympg cloak and getting sacrifice the peasant to keep my dex? or can I also choose the good path?
    -OK, last question, please bear with me, when my char has topped his exp points, are the exp points going to be devided by 6 (full party) or 5 (full party without me).
    That's it, any reply will be appreciated.

Thanks

2. TheBlackRose Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

As long as you choose one of the evil paths, you'll stay evil.

I am not sure about the XP points question.

Korgan and Aerie fight. I believe that exceptionally high charisma can reduce these spats, however.

3. Llandon Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Wow....lots of questions!

I'll try and answer some of them for you.

1. My question is how do I work for bodhi but at the same time also have edwin in my group?

I don't think you can.

2. I have keldorn and viconia in my party, they will fight?? Is this true? Is there any other NPCs who would fight each other?

Yes. They will fight, but AFAIK it's a random thing. When they went at it I just went back to a previously saved game. It did get annoying after awhile, but I think I took the 2 of them all the way through TOB. I believe there are other characters who will fight, but I can't remember who they are.

3. do I need to choose all the evil path such as getting that nympg cloak and getting sacrifice the peasant to keep my dex? or can I also choose the good path?

I think that you can chose some of the good paths and still stay evil.

4. when my char has topped his exp points, are the exp points going to be devided by 6 (full party) or 5 (full party without me).

I have NO idea!

I hope some of this was helpfull!

4. Modjahed Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

OK, one Q at a time:

1) Yes, it is possible. There are Shadow Thieves and Shadow Thieves :D. When you enter their building in the Docks district, you have to go right to see Aran, but you go forward and upstairs to see Renal. To have Edwin simply do the Shadow Thieves quest (Mae'var) before you side with Bodhi (and not the Shadow Thieves).

2) My advice is: if you started evil, stay evil. That means you just take evil and neutral chars in your group, and you will do just fine. Evil group is much stronger anyways, and it is good for your roleplaying also.

3) No, you don't have to choose all the evil paths. And sorry to disappoint you, if you have more than 1 char in your party, it will NOT be the peasant that will be killed, but your party memeber. SO think well. As for the other chioces, I advise you either to roleplay, OR to powergame (meaning chose which path to take depending on the wanted benefit).

4) The EXP will still be divided by 6, at moreover, YOUR charaqcter will receive it. People usually get confused - the XP cap is not actually the XP cap, but rather the level-up cap. If you see your maxed-out char with SK or other tool, you will have more than 2,950,000 exp.

5. MoonMeister Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Heya Raist,

Hi all, this is the first time I'm playing as an evil char. My question is how do I work for bodhi but at the same time also have edwin in my group?

I'm glad you have chosen the dark side. As for your first question, a more thorough answer would be to avoid going to the Graveyard District entirely until you have Edwin in your party. When you are approached by Valen (the vampire disguised chic), Brus (the little brat brother of Gaelyn) will also show up, ignore his request to revisit Gaelyn (the guy who first offered to help you find Imoen).

-Next question (sorry got a couple of questions so I'll ask them all at one), do I need to choose all the evil path such as getting that nympg cloak and getting sacrifice the peasant to keep my dex? or can I also choose the good path?

Ha! A moral conflict very difficult for good people to penetrate. The next time you converse with the peasants, try being as rude as Edwin would be. You may enjoy it. Or feel uncomfortable and uneven. And yeah, sacrifice that peasant to retain the DEX, not like he is party member in your group.

-MM

6. Raist Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Wow, thanks everyone for your answer! I will consider them!

7. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

What peasant sacrifice? If you mean the one in hell, it's one of your own party members who gets killed if you take the right way (not that it matters, raise dead exists).

First time evil char, bah. My good group (first time through BG2) went for Bodhi. Can't have prejudices simply because someone wishes to meet you after dark in a graveyard.

8. If Anomen fails his pallie test he will get fired up and flame and fight with keldon.

9. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Volar, think: what happens if you enter the Hell to perform tests - alone? ;)

10. Gonzago Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I don't think Aerie and Korgan fight. I think Aerie just leaves if you keep K in the party.

Oh yeah, Minsc and Eddie fight, too.

11. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

What, Biff the Understudy won't come and help the soloers out? :p

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.