1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Within the Cosmos - Still in Development

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by RPGWatch, Jun 20, 2024.

1. RPGWatch

RPGWatch Watching... ★ SPS Account Holder

[​IMG]A development update for Within the Cosmos:

[​IMG]

June 2024: Development Update

The current state of the game, and information regarding my absence.

Hello everyone,

I hope this message finds you well. It's been quite some time since our last communication, and I want to start by expressing my sincerest apologies for the lack of updates on the progress of Within the Cosmos. Your support and enthusiasm for the game mean everything to me, and I understand the concerns that have arisen during this period of silence.

Since my last communication on September 2021, I had every intention of releasing a trailer and keeping you updated on the progress of the game. Unfortunately, unforeseen challenges arose, and I found myself in a position where I had to prioritise my financial stability. Like many indie developers, I poured my heart, soul, and savings into this project. I had quit my job and was focusing on the development of the game full time. However, I reached a point where I had to pause development to secure a stable income to support myself, and to support the games development. As a result of that, a couple of things had to go offline, like the games website, my contact email, etc. as I simply couldn't afford to keep them. It was a difficult decision, one that weighed extremely heavily on me, but it was necessary for my own stability, well-being, and for the well-being of the game itself.

Since then, I've been working diligently to strike a balance between my passion for this dream of mine and the necessity of financial stability. While it hasn't been easy, I've made significant progress and am now in a better position to continue the development of Within the Cosmos and share it with you.

Despite the setbacks, my passion for Within the Cosmos has never wavered. I've continued to work on it whenever I found the time, I've added, altered, and polished mechanics whenever I could. I am more determined than ever to see this project through to completion.

With all of this in mind, I am committed to keeping you all updated on the development of Within the Cosmos. While I cannot provide an exact timeline for release at this moment, please know that I am working diligently to finish the game that has been by my side throughout a significant portion of my life, I've planned my life around this game, this game is my life, and I will not stop working on it until it's completed.

In the meantime, I'm happy to announce that I'll be releasing a gameplay video on 20 June, showcasing the current state of the game. This video will offer a glimpse of the progress I've made and the direction the game is heading. It will showcase Berith II, and the city of Chronos, and a couple of new features that I've added to the game. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on it, as I feel like the game has changed quite a bit since the previous gameplay video a couple of years ago.

Your concern for my well-being is extremely touching, I thank all of you deeply for that. Your support has been the driving force behind this project, and I'm endlessly grateful for each and every one of you. Your interest in this project is genuinely what has kept me going during a difficult period. Once again, I offer my deepest apologies for the lack of communication, and thank you all for keeping my project wishlisted, for your understanding, patience, and unwavering belief in Within the Cosmos.

- debdev

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2024
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.