1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Who's got a life outside BGII?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Squid, Jul 14, 2001.

1. Squid Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Just curious, but it seems looking at this board many have played and finished multiple times. Being married with job, I can only play in small amounts of time before my wife would threaten divorce if I don't pay more attention to her instead of BGII. Additionally, I notice many of you out there must have spent an enormous amount of time on this forum to have amassed over 1,000 logins. Do you guys (and gals) have lives? Or do you all live/eat/sleep BGII 24/7?

2. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Pal, I DO have a life. Only, I'm livin' on the edge...

No matter, I'm not addicted to anything but to this place. Until Arcanum gets released. So, pretty soon you won't have to stare in number of my posts. Satisfied?

[Just a quick personal edit]
    My head hurts, my feet stink and I hate sports :p

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited July 14, 2001).]

3. Squid Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I, too, expect Arcanum to away what little life I have. That game is gonna rock. Can't wait to get my grubby hands on it. Of course, that's assuming I've already finished ToB and the DII expansion, and maybe even POR if it comes out before Arcanum. God, I play way too many games for a thirtysomething. Oops, let my age slip.

4. Extremist Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] Heh...
    I'm almost thirty, so what?

If you get only real life dirt, how can you be happy? Gimme some fantasy to escape from idiots I'm surrounded with!

5. Zaragoth Guest

I don´t have any life at all. Hardly :)
    I´m addicted to these boards and I´m here as often as I can.

6. Sprite Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Actually, I'm married and have 3 jobs and I do still somehow manage to find time to play RPGs. The trick is to marry a DM... (Dancing a "lucky me" dance) :)

Seriously, though, my adorable gnome thief and I often joke about whether the marriage would still be so perfect if we didn't both love to play. We have friends who've gotten in Big Trouble for their game addictions with wives who just don't understand. But for us, it's clear. Every night once I've made dinner we have a dilemma:

- Eat in front of 'The Game' (our PCs are side-by-side)
    - Eat in front of Galaxy Quest (that's what we call the television, since our Galaxy Quest video is the only thing we use it for outside of ice hockey season)
    - Eat in the dining room and talk about The Game and Galaxy Quest

The only thing we ever really fight about is who gets Disk 2 when we're both in Athkatla, although that can get pretty nasty if there has been a lot of beer involved (which there often has). Geeks in love... a touching story. But we've managed to combine hours and hours of gaming with True Love- what could be finer than that?

7. Gnolyn Lochbreaker Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] All I can say is that I'd be in a LOT of trouble if my wife hadn't discovered BG herself. Although, it gives marital strife a new twist:

"You said 'Oh yeah, go there for some good stuff'. You didn't say anything about a Lich!" ;)

8. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Clear No. I live no real life. Today I cleaned my window and I wondered where all the snow went since I was outside the last time (to buy BG-2 iirc) .... <shakehead>

[This message has been edited by Ragusa (edited July 14, 2001).]

9. No I can't say I've had a real life in the last 6 months, I have about 45 games for the pc that I play every now and then + I also have a playstation and have ordered and are waiting for PS2... I have my apartement set up as a little entertainment centre with two computers, a big screen tv and a playstation, all in the same room. All I have to do now is to move my microwave oven and the fridge in to the livingroom and I won't even have to get up from my chair before I go to bed.

So I guess you could say I have no real life right now, but I'm happy so why change it, right?

10. Vicsun Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Damn. And I thought I was the only one.

11. Gash Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I have a life. No really i do. Stop looking at me like that.

*sighs* I'll get my coat...

12. Gonff Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Well life is relative. I mean i am living so i kinda have a life.

13. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Well sport and parties are also very important in my life... I don't spend very much time near the computer exept for at work and I like AD&D more then Baldur's Gate 2.

14. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Well as I spend most of my time at work or sleeping and what little free time I have here, I fondly miss the roleplaying games I talk about so much ;) I often wonder myself how some people manage to play through BG2 30 some odd times with the experience cap removed using their 69th level halfling blade :confused:?? Wish I had that much free time, though if I did, I still wouldn't play that much. Ok fine, I'm a terrible liar :D

15. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

[​IMG] Life? We've talked about this before, haven't we? Some kind of secret area in most games accesible via the "quit game" button. It's not that great. The graphics are outstanding, but there's not much in the way of plot or gameplay.

16. PowerPuff Guest

Yep. I have a life now. Almost, anyway. Honestly, I *do*...

It all started a few months ago, when I overheard a conversation between two people at work;
    Q: "Does he have a family?"
    A: "No, and it doesn't look like he's got the time to get himself one, either."

So, I downloaded a quality-of-life patch, and I'm waiting patiently for it to take effect. :D

17. Kitiara Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Personally i do not find time to play that often. 3 kids (4 if you include the hubby) and a full time job. I find time to post here when at work during lunch. And if i am lucky the hubbie passes out early and i sneak a few hours of BG2 in. Maybe this is why i am still working my way through the 2nd attempt..lol

18. Septic Yogurt Gems: 9/31

I think BG2 is dull and I am always trying to find ways to inject life into it.

19. Vicsun Gems: 9/31

BG2 dull? BG2 DULL? Pal you're in some serious trouble.

20. Extremist Gems: 31/31

For the first time in my life (and probably the last) I COMPLETELY agree with Septic.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.