1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Who is your fav NPC and why...

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Sir Phapylon, Nov 25, 2000.

1. Sir Phapylon Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Mine is Minsc, always stays faithfull and doesent have a side quest (to bizzy bashing evil with me, of course!) And he is strong, give him gloves of DEX and he rocks... Also nice that he has Vampire as racial enemy.

2. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Viconia, a hottie and the best cleric in the game.
    Minsc, too is one of my favourites

3. ObLiViOn Gems: 2/31

[​IMG] Minsc rules. Evil meet sword. Sword MEET EVIL! :) one of my favorite quotes. I think Aerie talks to much about her crappy angel wings. why cant she just shut up for once?

4. Sir Phapylon Gems: 2/31

Exactly, Aerie is a very good NPC but really a pain... All her talk about her horribel past and the soft music that always comes at the same time makes me turn in agony.

But, has anybody any comments on the "lesser" used NPC:s like Cernd, Mazzy etc - i really dont know much about them cause i usually stick with the same party thruought the whole game.

5. Sol'torg Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

By the time I was about to get Imoen back in chapter 4, I desperately wanted to kill Aeire and get Imoen to replace her. Her constant whining had begun to get on my nerves, and I thought about how much fun it would be to cast disintegrate on her and watch her turn to ash. But, I had to stop and analyse the value she represented as a party member and I decided to keep her. It all worked out since I ended up replacing Yoshimo with Imoen. (traitor) Thus, I took my anger for Aerie out on him and splattered him all over the place with a nice critical from my Cavalier wielding Carsomyr. Some NPCs just get on my nerves! :)

6. Doomlord Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

My fav. is Aerie.No one can deny her usefulness;she is a capable mage&cleric.But the reason I like her is her sweet and unresistable voice.Her voice is exceptionally well done;it's possibly the best woman npc(with Annah in Torment).But in sheer power I think no npc can beat Keldorn. With Carsomyr and Ring Of Gaxx he is the bane of mages and cloak of mirroring just helps the case.

7. Sir Phapylon Gems: 2/31

Dont forget to give him gloves of DEX, he has only 7 in dexterity. Isnt that Anomen guy also a member of the radiant heart ?
    I myself must admit that keldorn is incredibly cool. Nothing beats seeing him and me (Cavalier with Crom Fayer, Keldorn with Holy A) beat the crap out of Bodhi :).

Who is best; Nalia or Imoen ? When i pick up Imoen she is always like 3-4 levels worser that Nalia so i usually throw her out of the party really fast. Mistake ?

Actually Aeari (spelling?) is a must have, good cleric and good mage...

8. Septic Yogurt Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Jan, he's a great theif (best in game IMHO) and has mage spells, also comes with some cool stuff, and Flasher Master Bruisers Mates (or whatever) are just great, give him some other cool stuff (mine has 40 bolts of biting) and he is fantastic even when he runs out of spells that I would use in a certain battle.

9. Elverath Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Aerie- good at what she does, but too damn whiney (sp?)
    Korgan- too friggin evil for me.
    Valygar- give him Celestial fury to dual with his family blade and you got natures defender.
    anomen-very arrogant, but very good. i imported my level 11 monk and when i recruited anomen he was already a level 12 cleric. WHOA! now he's level 16 and is just awesome.
    Cernd- a real dork, dont like him.
    Jan- only good theif besides yoshi who is a traitor, and a great mage too.
    Nalia- crappy theif, good mage, too ignorant.
    mazzy-Cool but rather useless
    Haer'Dalis-same as mazzy
    Keldorn- Awesome
    imoen- would kick her out if i didnt feel so sorry for her.
    jaheira- great druid, great fighter later on.
    Minsc- hilarious, skilled fighter.
    Edwin- VERY powerful spellcaster, a must have member of the party. always sucks to have to kill a noblewoman to keep him in the party though...
    viconia- a real bitch, a hot bitch, but a bitch none-the-less. powerful, but i prefer anomen and jaheira.

Thank you ladies and gentlemen!

10. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] Once you get over the romance bit Aerie only whines about being underground. At high rep Jaheria whinges about the 'balance', Jan niggles about the Clamshite itch. If you want a non whiney good party go with Keldorn & Mazzy upfront. And how could anyone not take Imoen? To hell with the xps she's supposed to IMPORTANT to you?!

11. Ganz Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] I just want to share something about Imoen. In my first game, I included her in my good party and when I collected her at the Asylum she was at (mage) level 10 IIRC, which is way below the rest of the group.

In my second game I did not plan to include her in my neutral party as I have invested too much in Jan (100% detect illusion!). At the Asylum, I told her I can't include her in the party due to party dynamics, no place for her, blah, blah, blah. To my surprise she said she will find her way out alone and try to meet me at the Copper Coronet in Athkatla (where did she learn of this information, I wonder - not that I'm complaining).

Well, after coming out from Underdark, I did meet up with her at the Copper Coronet and she was at (mage) level 13! Guess she hasn't been idle, huh? She did not bear any grudges about being left out. I seriously considered trading Jan for her as Jan had already hit the XP ceiling at level 13 mage.

Anyway, to assuage my guilt, I took her along to recover her soul from the one who stole it and then exchanged her for Jan again. I want to see how Jan will fare the rest of the way.

12. Cancerman Gems: 2/31

Minsch
    Viconia
    Keldorn

Viconia is maybe my favorite, she has a spell bonus, she can get a nice AC and rocks quite much with a nice hammer.

13. Fergus Gems: 7/31

Fav character has to be Jan.
    He just makes the game so much easier if you are playing good alignment..

The only fault I can find with him has to be his AC and hps.

Currently my team are :
    Minsc's AC -7
    Jaheira's AC -7
    My charcater AC -6
    Aerie AC -6
    Nalia AC -4
    Jan AC 1

He just doesn't look right but is truely needed.

14. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

-7 AC for Minsc? Wow. I guess you're not using any two-handed swords that he is so deadly with. Minsc for myself is at -2, the lowest in the party while Jahiera and Grub have the highest at -9.

Syl...

15. Yolar Gems: 2/31

Mine is Edwin,
    He has the best spellbook and each spellbooklevel he get's two bonus spells.

[This message has been edited by Yolar (edited November 29, 2000).]

16. Armin Gems: 2/31

Syl, getting Minsc to AC -7 even with Lilacor or the vorpal sword is really no biggie.

- Mithril field plate armor +2 (counts as non-magical!)
    - gauntlets of dexterity
    - ring of protection +2
    - cloak of the sewers

---> AC -7 ;)

Replace Mithril plate by red dragon scale -> AC -8 (though I usually give it to folks with not so much stregth)

17. Fergus Gems: 7/31

Syl I have only started to equip my fighters with shields as I prefer 2 handed or 2 weapon style but recently I had a battle I needed higher AC.
    Will probably switch back and thanks to Armin's post know now how to reduce his AC. ;)

18. Wassup Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] Minsc. He's a real juggernaught. And he is loyal. Whatever (good) you do, he will follow without asking questions. And he will do anything to defend you. Real good guy.

19. Daesdta Ceryn Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

i'd have to go with korgan, minsc, or edwin. oh and i just love that sword that talks, it gives minsc even better quotes. the axe in imoen's castle is awesome, and there is a throwing axe that comes back that i use with korgan all the time. he does 15-18 damage either way and he never misses with +++++ on axes. didn't know yoshi was a traitor, glad i dropped him, but since i wont ever use him anyone want to tell me how that comes about?

20. Sir Phapylon Gems: 2/31

Has anybody used Edwin ? I have heard he is the best mage you can get.... ?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.