1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Which party is better?!

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by WrathOfGod, Nov 18, 2004.

1. WrathOfGod Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

i want to ask i have install baldur's gate : the darkest day and there are new class and i am thinking of begin again but i do not know a good party made bay me I have played only with CH from the game and now i ask witch party is better:
    Paladin-dragon slayer
    paladin-anti-paladin
    ranger-archer
    crelic- ... of helm
    druid-shapeshifter
    mage-conjuarer
    or the same but on the place of the ranger a thief ?!
    :( :confused:

[ November 18, 2004, 12:54: Message edited by: Beren ]

2. Yirimyah Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Look, things like this are not resolvable largely because they are a matter of personal preference. It all depends how you play, your style, how easy te game is intended to be, repeat ad infinitum et nauseum (yeah, i know that was a misquote)

Personally, I'd go with the Archer.

3. Bombur

Bombur I'm always last and I don't like it

Unless I misread you, you are actually suggesting taking both a paladin and an anti-paladin. I'm afraid I'm at a loss as to how you are defining "better."

4. WrathOfGod Gems: 1/31

men i want to take them both because : The paladin will have the holy avenger and with and the anti-paladin will be more like priest and with one belt of strenght he will fight with two weapons ( do not forget the demon control ability that will be very usefull)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i want to ask how i will open locked chests !? with the spell knock !? do it open all locked chests (that a very agility thief can ) and i like rangers more and hate to play with thief but tell me how to open the damned chests !?

5. Bombur

Bombur I'm always last and I don't like it

Knock, or simply bash them (force attack and target the chest).

6. Deathbringer Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I have never seen pick locks work if knock doesn't. The only bad thing is that you can't disable traps and you will be resting every 10 mins to recharge your spells. Later you can recharge them yourself if you get the staff of the magi or 9th level spelltrap. You can spell trap yourself then cast level 3 spells at yourself. I did this with my sorcerer. I didn't rest just to recharge my lvl 2 spells. I waited on most locks until I got spelltrap. But then I got bored and said, " ahh... this is boring" and didn't open them all. I was also using sims and pi to read my wish 3 scrolls to get the option of rememorizing my spell. I know very involved process but I just couldn't justify going to bed every 5 minutes.

7. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

What about making a cleric thief - you have more than enough divine spell power, unless you keep your shapeshifter permenantly in warewolf form.

8. WrathOfGod Gems: 1/31

yes i want a druid shapeshifter ! the party will sork :
    One pure fighrt
    One figher to stay near the ranger
    ranger to shot with THE NICE BOWS AND CROSBOWS
    Cleric-to cast divine spells
    druid-shapeshifting
    wizard-arcane spells !
    10x for the info for the knock !!!!!1

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.