1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

When did Berserkers become such a joke?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Enagonios, Apr 18, 2001.

1. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] I'm reading Tangled Webs from the Forgotten Realms series right now and there is a Rashemite Berserker called Fyodor, He totally rocks. Granted, it's a book but he took down a giant squid, the Kraken symbol, all by himself and when he moves his Black Sword you can hardly see anything but the motion. Point I'm trying to make is, why is Minsc such a damn idiot? Instead of "Minsc Smash!" or something, why don't they make him say a quote from Rasheman, here's a good one: "There are those who think and those who Dream" or something like that. Coz It's irritating to admire a Berserker when the current example you see is Minsc.. :mad:

2. caleb Banned

Minsc's......disability is probably the reason why most people choose to keep him in their party over someone who may be a better npc statistically but is not that fun to talk to *cough*KELDORN*cough*

3. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Minsc isn't a true Berserker, if you've been paying attention. He speaks of the berserkers in his homeland and how his rage is nothing compared to theirs. Minsc is a ranger, people.

4. Cerryl Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

If this Fyodor is the same one from Daughter of the Drow (by Elaine Cunningham), I think I can explain for you.

Fyodor is a "natural" beserker. He will automatically go beserk upon entering battle, where as Minsc is an "enduced" beserker. He has to go through a ritual in order to become beserk. The Rasheman have this drink, jhuild it's called (AKA A stronger version of Firewine), this allows them to fight with as though they were beserk, but they are never able to be fully beserk like a natural one.

And also with Minsc, IIRC he's been hit in the head a few times. That would account for his idiocy.

5. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] Yeah it's the same Fyodorn, but from what I gather, being a "natural" Berserker is like a curse. You can't control it. And there are 2 more Berserker skills, the ability to shapeshift into an animal while in a Frenzy and the highest power, the ability to send your spirit out in an animal form to do battle, while your body stays still. I suppose it would at that hehe :D

6. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

The only NPC who is CALLED a berserker is Korgan

7. Igneous Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Hehe ironbeard, always thought dwarves called themselves Battleragers in that case. But it can be a bad braintwist in this case, just don't mind me, you're the expert on dwarves. :D

8. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] Yeah, Battlerager is the right term right? Like that guy from The Legacy, Pwent was his name, right? I thought it was kewl that despite the fact he was such a goofy idiot the drow were kinda afraid of him. That's like a testament to your skill. :)

9. caleb Banned

Remember when alustriels dwarf sage almolst tore his head off for getting him dirty.....that was some funny stuff.

10. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] Which book was that? I recall that they were at Silverymoon before the supposed-to-be wedding, but I never read it. :) Berserkers Rock.

11. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Actually did anybody notice that Fyodor's berserker rage is unique to him?
    That's why he was banished from his homeland, because of his uncontrollable battle rages. No other berserker can go into 'matrix mode' like him.

12. caleb Banned

The same book he suggested catti brie would look better with a beard.

13. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] Yeah shura. That's why I said it was like a curse :) I wonder what the next book is gonna be? At the end of Tangled Webs he was on the way back to Rasheman with liriel, they were already able to find a way to control his berserker rages ;) What I didn't get though, was WHY he was dying slowly.. did he use too much strength or what? I know they exiled him because fear that he may harm his fellow berserkers, but why was he DYING?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.