1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What's your favourite monster? (Yuan-ti rock!)

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by Galaxyryder, Feb 27, 2003.

1. Galaxyryder Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I love the Yuan-ti, they're cool and despite what people might think they are not evil. In fact they live in a highly civilized way. They enjoy all the arts and are very well educated.(I did some research cause i couldn't stand how they were negatively portrayed)

[ February 28, 2003, 12:13: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Okay.

So, um, I like the elves. The Hand of the Seldarine is fairly cool, even when it's in ruins. There's that one part where you climb up a staircase, and you see the "blown up" section of the tower, and there's little bits of rock still spinning after centuries of being suspended in the winds; and the music kicks in when Larrel leaves the "room".

That right there totally set the hook in me for the elves, as well as the Icewind. I remember getting to that part one night, and I hadn't saved it in a little while, but I loaded it and kept entering that room about 3 or 4 times, just to listen to the music and watch the spinning rubble.

The elves.

3. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

I agree with you EJ Smith, those elves are just so cool. When I first saw them, I had to change from my human fighter to an elf. I like the bit where you see them planning over a board, it just puts an ace picture in my head of the original attack.

4. Son of Moradin Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Well i think the Giants are cool. I´m a big fan of the nordic mythologi and they are the closest to them (except Duergars but they are just too ugly).

Besides them the Goblins are funny to kill!! :cool:

5. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Oh man, you just reminded me of the phrase "Easy as goblin pie" :D

6. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Uh, yeah, those crazy snake guys who tried to eviscerate my elves are not evil. Yeah. Nope, they were just highly refined people protect their own territory, what with the human sacrifice and poison daggers. :rolleyes:

What's cooler than a Winter Wolf? A big, evil, hungry wolf that breathes frost at you. They'd be so cool if they weren't so damn annoying.

7. Harkle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I liked Ice Salamanders. They are cool (literally :D ) and they have a great aquarium. The aquarium amazed me when I saw it; giant octopus, whale and other sea creatures in the middle of glacier.

8. Elvenblade Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Zombies because they make that funny noice when they die :D

9. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Orcs. And the Drows. Those are the funniest becouse I don't like magic too much.

10. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Bone skeletons with those huge claws

11. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] I think my favorite monsters(though i'm not sure if they count as monsters) are the animated swords and armor found in dungeons and the like accross Faerun! very cool...

12. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Dwarves! I utterly adore Dorn's Deep. Especially the forge after being restarted. The Statue of Moradin is cool all glowing orange. I also loved the great electricity trap with Clangeddin and his two axes. I could live there with the dwarves. If only I could see Jamroth in action slaying the undead...

Outside of IWD, I love Gimli and Moria...

13. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

quote:"easy as goblin pie". The strange thing is that a couple of days ago I just started playing through good old Icewind Dale again. And just about 2 minutes ago before I got on the internet my dwarf said just that as he sent a crossbow bolt sizzeling into the ugly crooked back of a COWARDLY goblin.
    Good times good times!

14. Icingdeath45 Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I wouldhave to say Drow.They are stealthy,smart, coniving, extremely good weapon-users, and they also some have great magical powers.

15. Orrick the Grey Gems: 2/31

it depends on the character...
    for a fighter i'd say any drow or mage type
    for a mage definitely goblins and orcs
    for druid or cleric skeletons

16. Elan Morin Tedronai Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Ma fav are Frost Giants and the Fire Giants! They surely rox! :)

[ April 03, 2003, 14:29: Message edited by: Elan Morin Tedronai ]

17. Tanthalasa Gems: 2/31

hmmmm I'd have to say the drow. Nothing is more fun to kill then the evil and cunning drow(especially since my char is an elf!) :D

18. diebysteel Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I like dwarves most. But mind flayers are cool,too.

19. Gorgon Gems: 2/31

I love using fireballs on golins and orcs!

20. Westhardus Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Little filthy goblins, because they are so cute:)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.