1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What would you change?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Goli Ironhead, May 24, 2005.

1. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

So, In any game, what single feature you would add/change?

Any Final Fantasy, option to prevent most of the Random encounters when you want to.

I have too much spare time. :)

2. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Thief 1: remove zombies or at least make them killable. Too annoying otherwise.

Breath of Fire 2: more story, more character dialogue. Still a bit bitter about the lost potential here...

Baldur's Gate 1: BG2 engine and consistent storyline. ;)

3. Midwinter Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Ultima VII - give it Baldur's Gate-style controls (movement & combat). There - the game is now absolutely perfect (short of up-to-date graphics, which would be a second thing and, indeed, are of secondary importance) :)

SMACX - ability to have more than 7 factions on any given map.

RTW - halfway decent AI.

Any CRPG - needs a horse who provides advice which is useful in hindsight, a portly, crossbow-wielding bard, a ranger with a French-sounding surname, and a knight who's familiar with every tavern in the world! :D

4. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

Close Combat series: I would like to be able to use captured tanks and other equipment.

Rome: Total War: When I am bribing an army, I would like all the units to join me (as in Medieval: Total War) and not only those which are in my faction's pool.

5. CĂșchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Random encounters are very annoying - Final Fantasy, Golden Sun, Phantasy Star etc

Heroes of Might and Magic 4 - get rid of the tacky sense of humour, tacky looking monsters, let all spells be learned, get rid of weapons for heroes, have heroes as spellcasters only, not warriors.

6. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Disciples 2: SEQUEL! :square:

Half Life 2: Rid of Steam and that goddamn activation. Would had actually bought it if those had not been there. :grr:

Warcraft 3: Cartoonish graphics. Definitely have to go.

7. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

VtM: Bloodlines: requirements, remove the %#^!@%! memory leak; a sequel would be greatly appreciated too, hehe

Rome: Total war: bribery issue already discussed by BOC; also: make the strategic AI a bit more dependable (hate it when my own ally attacks an army he can't beat but totally (and suicidally) messes up my trade.

8. Elvenblade Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Age of Mythology/Age of Titans: PATCH!!!!
    Maphacking has gotten out of control and Ensemble Studios doesn't give a crap anymore about the game since they're "too busy" with Age of Empires lll.

9. Gro'Mul Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Gothic 1+2: Better voice acting+better game balancing for mages in Gothic 2
    Night of the raven is VERY hard with a mage.

10. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Silent Storm: better voice acting. Improved use of the engine. Fixed/more efficient skill trees. Deeper party interaction. More characters for hire. Fix inability to see enemy 2 feet away.

Brilliant game regardless.

11. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Night of the Raven in English. And for me to be able to finish Gothic 2.

12. Greystar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

BG1&2 and IWD 1: make them 3e. (multiclassing, feat, skill, etc)

Rage of Mages 2: lower the difficulty (it's too hard later in the game).

Deus Ex 1: improve the sneak system (like in Thief), implementing the visible gem would be a good idea.

13. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

yea the visibility gem would have helped alot in dues ex 1....2 was just pathetic....no story line, unrealistic physics imo.

the bribery issue on rome: total war

STEAM! i freaking hate it, it ruins half life 2 n counter strike.

14. Koki Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Greystar: There is a mod for Deus Ex improving sneak system and implementing the visiblitity gem :) It was called Thievery Mutator if I remember correctly.

And for Steam, why won't you people just turn it off? You can play in offline mode...

Sorry for the OT.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.