1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What Next?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Tomazin, May 31, 2001.

1. Tomazin Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I have comepleted the Baldur's Gate series and recently Icewind Dale and the Heart of Winter. Can any of you guys give suggestions on some good games to tide me until the Throne of Bhaal?
    Thanks
    Tom

2. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

As far as other high quality D&D type RPGs the only other really good recent one is Planescape. If you are interested in RPGs from other styles, I'd suggest Fallout 1&2 as great RPG games. I could also list a number of great RTS or FPS if that floats your boat. Just let me know and I'll be happy to help.

3. Tomazin Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Thanks for answering Voltric
    I'm looking for a decent fantasy RTS or any good FPS.
    I also had a look at a new game called "Desperados" which looks pretty good I might check it out does anyone here recommend it?

[This message has been edited by Tomazin (edited May 31, 2001).]

4. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

For such a seeker for many varieties, I would strongly recommend you to get "Deus Ex". It combines FPS, RPG and adventure with some srtategic elements.
    However, you should have a pretty good machine to run it.

Anyway, I hate FPS genre, however this game has a story included - I simply love it!
    Also another thing that I count as bonus is that it has three different endings!

5. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Or System Shock 1/2 if your PC/wallet can't stretch to Deus Ex

[This message has been edited by Ironbeard (edited May 31, 2001).]

6. I've got the same problem as nothing realy can compare itself to the bg series and IWD. I've just recently started playing a game called summoner. Different style, but still an RPG. Maybe a little rough around the edges, but still a good game I think.

And there's also an other game called Severance that's kind in the same class as Summoner.

If you haven't played through Deus Ex yet, you better get started... :D

7. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Go for Diablo 2 and complete a dousin times before you become sick and tired of the game.

8. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Go play AD&D!

9. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Deus Ex is a great FPS with lots of good elements. I would also suggest No One Lives Forever as another great FPS. There is also Thief 2 for FPS. As for fantasy RTS have you tried Black and White?

10. Bateluer Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Get a copy of StarCraft and its expansion, Brood War.

Its old but it has NO equal in the RTS department. :D

11. Septic Yogurt Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Mentally taxing games:
    Planescape: Torment
    Outcast (old, but awesome)
    Black and White (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
    Gunlok (RPG kinda thing)
    Daggerfall (this is a really old RPG, but I belive its one of the best RPGs ever made)
    Deus Ex (r0x0r)
    Oni (different)
    Serious Sam (Cheap and AWESOME
    TRIBES 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I could go through more, but I will end on a simple note.

Black&White Black&White Black&White Black&White Black&White Black&White Black&White Black&White Black&White Black&White Black&White Black&White Black&White Black&White Black&White

Happy now?

[This message has been edited by Septic Yogurt (edited June 02, 2001).]

12. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Septic, please edit your note - it hurts my eyes and brain trying to guess what is written on right side of the screen.

What do you expect us - to move slide bar a 1000 times just to find out that you are tricked into another imitation?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.