1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What do you (want to) do?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Avooch Dar, Jun 17, 2001.

1. Avooch Dar Guest

So what jobs does everyone have or what do you want to do when you leave school?
    Personally i want to take a PHD Astrophysics and computer game programming.
    Unfortuantly the prospect is still rather distant as i am only 16.
    But i did get 97% in my GCSE mock exams :D :D :D.

2. Grovflab Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I'm off to the military in December, so I've decided to put my education plans on the thinking shelf for a while.

3. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Bass guitarist in a successful punk band

4. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I'm 25 and curently a very successful computer programmer currently working at GTE.

5. Avooch Dar Guest

Hang on did i just hear the words punk band and successful in the same sentence!!!!
    i don't think that made sense sniper check your post!!!

(just kidding :D :D :D)

6. Seric Exz Guest

Ah, the joy of work... (?)
    Anyway, I'm currently into solutions for internet banking & e-commerce stuff. I call myself a "system consultant", but if you pay me enough, you can call me whatever you wish... :D

7. herf Guest

im gonna take three years out after school and get a job and build up money until im 21-22 and then im gonan move to america, become a citizen and join a military organisation. sorted.

8. Azardu Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] A dog! I wanna be a dog! I once wanted to be a rhino, but then I heard about all the killings. Too risky methinks.

9. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Well...I'm studying to be a lawyer, so I guess that's what I'm going to be.

But - If I could be anything, I would go with: Astronaut, NHL Goalie, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, or Rock Star.

10. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] When I was in college I wanted to be a lawyer but after working with them for 2 years I totally changed my mind. I don't think I could fight with people all day every day. So I gave up the idea of law school and got me master's instead.

I work for the government now, but if I had my choice I'd be a historian at some exciting battle site. Just you'd have to pay me atleast 50K a year. No one can live on the lower paid the National Park Serice gives. The other option would be the military. I'd love to be an officer in the army, but my wife would veto that.

But if I wasn't married that whole rock star thing has a lot of appeal. :D

11. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    There is a big difference between what you want to be and what you are/are going to be.
    I want to be god or emperor of the universe but as that is kinda farfetched i have decided to drift on the waves of life until something fun happens. Im currently reading to be a teacher in hmm history and damn what is it called in english society knowledge??
    I have 3,5 years left and i hope something more interesting pops up before im done.

12. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Realistically: I want to start a church in downtown Chicago that will reach into the lost, money rich - morally poor yuppie crowd. If possible, I'd like to keep working my sales job for a few more years while starting the church, maybe as a Global Account Manager or as a Data-Global Applications Representative.

All the while, I want to be the best Dad & husband that I can be.

Oh yeah, and I don't want to be quite as cheesy as I am now! ;)

13. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I would like to be a Jedi Master. Failing that, I would settle for my own engineering company.

14. Dudette Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

i wanna be boo... no wait mincs has B.O.!!! No wait I still wanna be boo.

[This message has been edited by Dudette (edited June 21, 2001).]

15. GONMAR Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Buy Tsr from Wizards Of The Sword Coast...hire Gary Gygax and make great modules again....oh yeah...discontinue 3rd edition!

16. Vicsun Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

What do I wanna do? I wanna win the lotary and not work. THe bad thing is that to win the lotary I have to buy those lotary tickets :mad:!

17. Kitiara Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Well... right now i work for Otis Elevator, dispatching elevator repair men to all those lost souls stuck in elevators...Also a mother so technically have 2 full time jobs.

My dream job would be a professional dancer, or in movies.

Also wouldnt mind working with computers in programming.. however the schooling would cost me way too much :(

[This message has been edited by Darien Noella (edited July 07, 2001).]

18. Seric Exz Guest

Right now I wouldn't mind *not* being a programmer for a while, get stranded in an elevator with airconditioning (or on a beach if possible :D), "accidentally" destroy my cellphone, bring out a cold beer & play my guitar all day long...

Hey, maybe I should start a band? I can see it now;
    "...I'm gonna be cruising the coast, drinking my pop. I'll be kissing all the girls, and I'll be singing all the rock..."
    (Any Blake Babies fans around here?? :D)

I think the heat is somehow having a strange effect on my brain...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.