1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

what do you know about Indonesia ??

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by D171087, May 19, 2006.

1. D171087 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] juz wanna know,,,
    do you all know Indonesia ??
    a country on Asia,,,

2. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Yeah, I know well enough that the Aceh provine got decimated by the Tsunami on boxing day 2004. A real shame.

3. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

It's an island archepelago (sp) in SE Asian continent. I know the islands more than I know the country; Timor, Sumatra, New Guinea, Borneo and Java to name a few.

4. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

i am malaysian.

5. Faye

Faye Life is funny. Veteran

Media:
    heys! I'm Malaysian too! Wow, thats cool a fellow Malaysian!

6. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

Well, I've heard the name, if that's what you're asking. ;)

7. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Well, I know it's a country. Mmm maybe I'll go check in my World Atlas.

8. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Selamat Malam (midnight here now)

I know that:
    The Dutch have 'terrorized' this country, as it was their most important colony of their East Indian Company.
    It's the biggest Muslim country of the world and often clashes with the Christians living there.
    The vulcanic island of Krakatau exploded in 1883 (iirc) and caused many deaths on Java and Sumatra due to the tsunami. The ash that got into the atmosphere was said to fall on the windowframes all over the world.
    Batavia is now called Jakarta.
    My step-brother lives somewhere in Papua.
    My mom brought me a nice gadget. We call it a Peniskoker, literally a penis-case. No idea what the word is in english, but I do know that it was probably made for a kid. Or at least I hope for the Indonesian women it was not made for an adult male... The first 2 inches are about 1 inch wide, the other 10 approximately half an inch.
    Perhaps my mom didn't realize I have grown up... a bit. :p

Selamat Tinggal!

9. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Hmm...I know it's a place you don't want to live in, or anywhere nearby. :eek:

My old history teacher in high school was half Indonesian, so we got more than we wanted to know about the country. But at this point, the only thing that matters is that, if you're not getting b**ch-slapped by a massive Tsunami, then you've got a volcano that's about to blow! :eek: Besides that, it seems to be a pretty bad place to live... :rolling:

10. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Um, well, AFAIK it's a pretty crappy place somewhat north of here which keeps executing our drug smugglers. Doesn't hold much interest to me so I haven't looked much into it.

11. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    I'm 1/16 Indonesian (the grandfather of my grandfather)

Your mom did what? eeeeeew

I thought Peniskokers were from New Guinea, which is AFAIK as much Indonesian as Friesland is Dutch.
    I remember something about the Netherlands wanting to form the entire island into one nation, with resistance from both Indonesia and the UN.

Off topic, you wish you had a peniskoker when you'd take a swim in New Guinea with all the worms in the waters there who're always looking for some urinecanal to bite themselves into *cringes*

12. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

A 'Peniskoker' (Koteka?) is probably on the top ten list of presents I do not want to get from my mom.

The guy asked what we know of Indonesia and we're talking about 'peniskokers', people must start to think we have an awful primitive view of Indonesia.

Things like the Dutch East India Company are standard material in our history courses, but with my soddy memory, I have forgotten most of it. I know that a lot of Indonesian immigrants came to Holland, so there are plenty of people walking around here with an Indonesian heritage.

13. D171087 Gems: 2/31

hahahaha a Koteka ??
    your mom should be happy if you had a big D**k,,,
    ahahaha Koteka is a penis holder from NTT (if i'm not wrong)
    people there (except in the town) didn't wear any ordinary clothes,,, hahahaha Indonesia had so many culture,,, tell me, do tou know anything else ??
    know Bali,,, it's really really beautiful !!!
    stop by Indonesia if you cross by would ya,,,,
    (even tougth Indonesia had a baaaad name in this world hehehehe)

i love my country,,,
    i love this earth,,,
    i love u all,,,,

14. Maurolava

Maurolava Neither to go back, nor to take impulse Veteran

I know is in southeastern Asia, archipelago between the Indian Ocean and the Pacific Ocean. Capital is Jakarta, that there climate is tropical; hot, humid; more moderate in highlands. Is neighbors to Malaysia and Thailand.

Other than that, unfortunate was the nation worst hit by the December 2004 tsunami.

15. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

D171087: You are certainly an unusual individual. What's a NTT? What do three commas in a row indicate?

16. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

I believe the three commas are supposed to be an elipsis. (...) However, some people use periods and commas differently, like the common conflict in monetary designations...

US: $4,500.00
    France (?): 4.500,00 francs

Also, the context NTT is in indicates it's a place (where something could be from).

17. D171087 Gems: 2/31

yeah you right ",,," mean "..." i think ",,," look more cute than "..."... hehehehe

NTT = Nusa Tenggara Timur
    unusual Individual ?? how come ??
    so many person like me in my country...
    why dont you come here and socialize with us ??

[ May 21, 2006, 05:32: Message edited by: Blackthorne TA ]

18. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

If I remember correctly, the Orang-Utans live on some of your islands.

Oh, and a lot of Indonesians died on my birthday.

Then there were those protests when our dear Danish neighbours ridiculed the prophet Mohammed.

The world's biggest muslim nation.

That's it, I am afraid. Indonesia doesnt get a lot of attention around here, since we dont do much trade and commerce with them, afaik.

19. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Hmm...Australian-Indonesian relations.
    An Aussie, who is forced at gun point to be a drug mule got a longers sentance than an Indonesion Cleric who masterminded a bombing that killed 188 Australians. A huge political standoff occured because we granted assylum to 40 west Papuan's who risked being tortured and killed back home...

20. D171087 Gems: 2/31

hey... dont call them Indonesian please ??
    we dont remmember had that kind of person in our country...
    (even thougth there was, but i dont like to call them one of our, it was such a shame)
    dont we have UN pact ?? why Australian take a thing that did not supposed to be their thing huh ??
    beside.. our country could be destroyed by drugs... so why it could be called by a fault if forced a gun on a drug mule ??? if that was me, i will not just forced it.. i'll shot them !! but well we have law instead to do this kind of thing... so i dont need to do that thing...
    "A huge political standoff occured because we granted assylum to 40 west Papuan's who risked being tortured and killed back home..." tortured ? killed ?? our country have law.. we're not a barbarian country !! i think that thing that Australia did is just for political reason !! having some bad relation for something huh ??
    and that prophet Muhammad is a holly thing !! maybe some christian would do the same thing if you do the same thing to their Jesus !!
    wont you try ??
    try to look our country from another side please !!
    or if u can, come and see who we are!!!!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.