1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What character class would YOU like?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by TelexStar, Apr 11, 2001.

1. TelexStar Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I think this one has been done before, but I'm interested to know...

I'd love to have a Vampire character, complete with diciplines etc.

I tried Vampire, the masqurade, but thought it was crap compared to BG2 (they spent too much on eye candy and not enough on gameplay - good job black isle! :) )

any suggestions?

2. Seric Exz Guest

I want to be a mandrake. That would be cool.
    Tieflings would also be nice.

If all else fails, I would like to be a treant. Just hang around in the forest, scratch my ass and not do a damn thing... :D

3. Grovflab Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

What about being a dragon? The point is, you don't know you are a dragon, untill the plot unfolds, kinda like Bg1. The point whould be, what if you turned out to be a great red...

4. Marek Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

being a dragon sounds great indeed, but it would be quite a challenge to create a game-enviroment for dragons.

i guess the ball is at black-isle's court.

5. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I´d like to play a ex-cap removed mc sorcerer-monk :D (like the arcane fist custom kit) or a to dual a sorcerer in general...

Otherwise I think a dragon would be nice ... or a drow (with the 65% magic resistance...)

6. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

a SOLAR!

He would make a paladin look weak and dirty!

7. Dudette Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

How 'bout a troll?

8. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I'm so in love with my previous avatar that I wanna be a goblin.
    Commando, ordinary archer or any class.

Though, I should skip solo playing then...

9. Xellos Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

A Elven Spellsinger.

Able to fight like a fighter, cast spell like a mage without dual/mutli classing.

I also like to dual monks and sorceres to other class or even go tri-class (not multi).

10. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Being a balor would be nice. Watch those Celestial and baatezu heads fly with each swing of my Vorpal Lighting Sword.
    Then drop by in the prime material plane to bite off a few paladin heads for lunch.
    Burn foolish Drow priestess who dare to summon me for no apparent reason in the afternoon, and then dig into some unicorn pie for a teabreak.
    Just before dinner, corrupt a few good priests and make them sacrifice their altar boys to me on their holy altar. After which I'll force feed the bodies of the boys to the rectums of the priests.
    On the way back home, beat the crap out of a few kytons who dare to dangle their chains in front of me.
    I'll be putting out my lamps which are actually paladins caught in an eternal shroud of flame with disintegrate spells. What the heck, I can always get a few more 'light bulbs' the next day....
    Ah, a day in the life of a balor....

11. Lothar Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] On note of difficulty in a dragon campagne... There is a pen and paper campaign designed for dragon PCs. I can't recall the name off the top of my head, but it was definately difficult enough for my players when I played tested it out. Lots of fun too-there's something about using breath weapons on trolls... But regardless, it is a feasable possiblity.

12. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Priest Kit - Priest of Gond.
    Like Jan only more so. Invents loads of cool stuff, modifies weapons like in System Shock 2, no spells, locks 'n' traps thief skills.

13. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I'd like to be able to play my favourite all time P&P (in warhammer)character - a Pedlar called Mr Devious. He was great, absolutely no bloody use in a combat situation but wonderful to roleplay. Some people considered the name 'devious' to be a drawback to a pedlar but, at the time of the game, the word had no meaning. It was long afterwards when people used to describe someone who had been dishonest as 'devious like' that the word came to take on its current meaning. Warhammer also had a great system of panic/nerve throws. Whenever something traumatic happened your character had to role against his 'cool'. Devious failed nearly every time, normally in the middle of a fight. This usually resulted in running away, or more fun, into other players. Anyway, what also made it great was you really had to think through situations rather than just charge in blindley. Trying to take down a Dragon in BG2 armed only with some lace, ribbons, cooking utensiles and some kitchen knives would be a real challenge. Of course, Devious would also try to flog him something first.

So basically I developed CMOT Dibbler 10 years before Pratchett.

14. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] A silver dragon or a Ki-Rin

or a rot grub....If the others were taken!

15. DarkAngel22 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I don't know about you guys, but I would love to NPC for once. You know, cannon fodder.

It would be awesome to follow around a couple of heroes, and run blindly down hallways to check for traps. At no danger to your loving master of course.

Getting killed every 2 hours of gameplay would really light up the lives of people who like to create characters...

16. shadowboxer Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] I wanna be a mind flayer, Yuan-ti or minataur. Having psionics would be cool, being a snake would also be cool, and being a cow/man would be funny(what kind of whore would you get in the copper coronet)

17. kevlar0101 Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Shadow knight!!!!!!! :D

18. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I posted I wanna be a goblin.
    Now I am goblin in my BG2. How, you say?

Remember my pestering people to use those nice Hex editors, not TeamBG cheat utils I never saw. I discovered inside folder 'data' a file 'default.bif' with some numbers relating creatures i.e.:

0x1200 DRAGON_RED
    0x1201 DRAGON_BLACK
    0x1202 DRAGON_SILVER
    0x6400 DRIZZT
    0x6401 ELMINSTER
    0x6404 SAREVOK
    0x7F00 TROLL
    0x7F27 DROW
    0x7F29 DROW_FEMALE
    0x7F37 JON_IRENICUS
    0xE400 IC_GOBLIN_AXE
    0xE410 IC_GOBLIN_BOW
    0xE420 IC_GOBLINELITE_AXE
    0xE430 IC_GOBLINELITE_BOW
    And more (see yourself).

What you need is to find with hex editor first ocurence of 'CRE V1.0' then put desired number at 33th and 34th byte from there in fashion: low value first then high value.
    I.e. To become a Goblin Hero I will use 'E420'.
    So, I open 'baldur.gam' with Hex editor and search for 'CRE V1.0'.
    33th byte from there I put value 30, and on 34th is E4. Clear?
    Now my protagonist is a nasty elite goblin chief.

You can do even more. And that is to replace any NPC's looks with this. To do that search for NPC's first few name letters, step back a few lines then do the same you did to your hero after 'CRE V1.0'!

No, you can't see junk you wear on your new looks although they are in fact used! And shame, there's no paperdoll...

However, now my Viconia is Silver Dragon as she should be, guarded by Goblin Elite (this romance won't turn well), Elminster, Drizzt, Sarevok and Troll (this should be Dudette not Imoen)!
    But be warned - copy original save somewhere else - I haven't ruthlessly tested this yet. And watch out that 'temp' and 'tempsave' folders, they can ruin your editing. So, before starting Hex editor, exit the game.
    Also I haven't tried this on multiplayer or import characters screen (Return to Krondor keeps me occupied enough), but I think it should work.

You can also explore default.bif file more and discover more things, but that's not the point in this topic.

ShadowKeeper users, eat this!

19. Punkindrublic Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

ok i reckon there are a couple id want
    1 the dragon one sounds cool like u have the innate magic abilities and u don't know ure a dragon so u can't go dragon form
    2.death knight or dark paladin like the ones from dragonlance
    3.i think that drow should be a race class u can selct
    4 i think they need a dragonlance path so u can have the dragonlance mages of the different towers and stuff and there needs to have the elven subraces like drow and stuff

20. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Staying on topic (classes, not races) I think a psionicist would be nice.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.