1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What amusment/theme parks have you been to?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Kitrax, Nov 13, 2006.

1. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Well...trying to think of all the date activities I've gone on for Mesmero's thread, I realized that I've been to a lot of different amusement parks in my life.

In total, I've been to:
    • Disneyland - Anaheim, CA (I’ve been there once, and won't ever go back...that place sucks! :nono: )
    • Knott's Berry Farm - Buena Park, CA (My hometown! :love: I love Knott's, I’ve been there at least 10 times growing up. It ranks 2nd as my all time favorite theme park)
    • Six Flags Magic Mountain - Valencia, CA (This Six Flags park is my #1 favorite theme park! I’ve been there 3 times. You can't go wrong with rides like 'X' and 'Scream' :thumb: )
    • Six Flags Elitch Gardens - Denver, CO (This Six Flags park was ok...not great, but not bad. Only been there once, but I would go back if I were ever in the Denver area again.)
    • Lagoon - Farmington, UT (Utah's one and only amusement park can be summed up in one word: LAME! Sadly, since it’s fairly close, I’ve been there 4 times...what a waste.)
    • Wild Rivers - Irvine, CA (This place is probably the best water park I've ever been to. I’ve been there 3 times.)
    • Raging Waters - West Valley City, UT (This place is a run down dump in the middle of Utah's version of Compton... :bad: I’ve been there 3 times and feared for my life every single time.)
    • Sea World - San Diego, CA (It's been waaaaaay too long since I've been there, but it was really fun. Been there twice as a kid.)
    • And I've been on a few rides in Vegas. The roller coaster in the New York, New York hotle was alright, but the rides on top of the Stratosphere hotel are awesome! :bigeyes: I almost lost my lucnh on their 'X Scream' ride, and almost s*** myself on their 'Big Shot' ride...To get a feel for the two rides I'm talking about, click here. These rides aren't for kids. :evil:
    I'm a total thrill seeker, and I love roller coasters...because of this, I really want to go to the east coast of the US to have a go at their selection of amusement parks. I really want to go to Busch Gardens in VA and FL. There was also a park between UT and the east coast that's supposed to have some killer rides, but I forgot what it was called. :bad:

So, where have you been? :rolling:

2. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

Six Flags, Great America(?) - Illinois somewhere, I think.
    Noah's Ark - Wisconsin Dells, WI
    Kalahari (combo hotel / water park) - Wisconsin Dells, WI

Generally I prefer mini-golf or duck rides (amphibious vehicles originally used in WWII), or just plain staying home and playing games.

3. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

I'll start closest to home:
    • Sixflags Holland - Multiple times. I've heard it isn't called Sixflags anymore, but they changed it back to the old name: Walibi. It has some cool 'coasters, but nothing compared to the other Sixflags around the world.
    • The Efteling - Also multiple times, this is probably the Netherlands #1 theme park for the whole family.
    • Disneyland Paris - Three times. I though it was cool.
    • Disney's Magic Kingdom, Florida - I was there in 1999. After Disneyland Paris it was a major disappointment that there isn't a loop in the Space Mountain overthere.
    • Epcot - Does that qualify as a seperate park, or did I have to list it with Magic Kingdom?
    • Universal Studios Florida - Yeah, I really went to all the parks when I was there.
    • Universal Studios Hollywood - Summer of 2005, it keeps you busy for a day.
    That's about it. I was at the Stratosphere in Las Vegas last year, but I didn't go on any of the rides, because I already didn't feel too good and I didn't want to give the window washers any extra work at that height.

4. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I've been Magic Mountain in LA, disney land in Florida, and most of the big british theme parks, there isn't many..

5. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Disneyland in Paris, Mini Europe in Brussels, some two aquaparks. Not much. ;)

6. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Disneyland - California (3 times!)
    Knott's Berry Farm - California
    Disneyworld - Florida
    Epcot - Florida
    Another really dodgy non-Disney park in Orlando - Florida
    Six Flags Magic Mountain - California
    Sea World - San Diego
    Universal Studios - California
    Alton Towers - England
    Dreamworld - Queensland
    Sea World - Queensland
    Movie World - Queensland
    Magic Mountain - Queensland
    Australia's Wonderland - New South Wales
    Rainbow's End - Auckland
    Footrot Flats - Auckland
    New York New York Manhattan Express - Las Vegas
    Stratopshere Big Shot - Las Vegas
    Circus Circus - Las Vegas

That's all I can think of for now. Probably heaps more if I think harder. Does Las Vegas count as a theme park (it has plenty of roller coasters)?

[ November 14, 2006, 18:46: Message edited by: Harbourboy ]

7. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Typhoon Lagoon
    Blizzard Beach
    Disneyworld - Florida
    Epcot - Florida
    Sea World - San Diego
    Universal Studios - California
    Six Flags, Great America
    Six Flags, Carowinds
    And some amusement park in Denmark, forget what it's called.
    And Enchanted Kingdom and Splash Island here in the Philippines but they suck ass.

8. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Disney World
    Adventureland (Des Moines)

9. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Kennywood in Pittsburgh
    Funderland in Belfast
    Barry's in Portrush
    Butlins in Scotland (never again...)

10. Kitrax

Media:
    Geeze HB! :eek: You're the last guy I was expecting to have a long list...and the fact that you've been to Knott's; which is less than 5 miles from our old house, and about 1 mile from my old high school; makes the hair on my neck stand up knowing that you were so close to where I used to live...that is, if you where there before the fall of 1999. :p

It only counts if you name the hotel/ride. :rolleyes:

There was a show on the Discovery Channel awhile back where this dude got to review about 10 parks across America, Japan, and Europe. That would be my dream job...getting paid to travel around the world to review rollercoasters. Hell...he probably didn't have to wait in any lines either! When I went to Six Flags the summer that 'X' opened, the line was over 4 hours long. :eek: It was worth it though! :rolling:

11. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Alton Towers - England
    American Adventure - England
    Thorpe Park - England
    Blackpool Pleasure Beach - England
    Drayton Manor - England
    Seaworld - Florida
    Disneyworld - Florida
    Epcot - Florida
    I'm sure there's another one... - Florida

Pfft loads of others too in France, Spain, Majorca, Ayia Napa and other places. And tons of different water parks here and there.

12. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

OK - then I add:

New York New York Manhattan Express - Las Vegas
    Stratosphere Big Shot - Las Vegas
    Circus Circus - Las Vegas

I have been around the block a few times.

I was there in February 1997. It was raining.

13. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Been to:

Liseberg in Gothenburg
    Bakken and Tivoli in Copenhagen
    Universal Studios in Florida
    Magic Kingdom in Florida (it sucked badly)
    Wet'n'Wild Florida

14. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    When I was 9 I went to Disneyworld in the Florida. Other then that I've gone to Fantasy Land in West Edmonton Mall (does that count?) and some other adventure park in Calgary that I don't remember the name of.

15. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Cedar Point?

I haven't been to many. I'm not really a roller coaster man, nor am I a raging thrill-hunter.

-Kennywood (Pittsburgh, PA)
    -Idlewild (Pittsburgh, PA)
    -Geauga Lake (Sandusky, OH)

Does Sea World count? I might have been to King's Dominion, but I was too young to remember it either way.

16. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Canada's Wonderland (near Toronto, ON)
    Opryland (Nashville, TN)
    Disneyworld/Epcot Centre (Orlando, Fla)
    Marine Land (Niagara Falls, ON).

I don't get out much...

17. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Alton Towers (England)
    Thorpe Park (England)
    American Adventure (England)
    Legoland Windsor (England)
    Blackpool Pleasure Beach (England)
    Flamingoland (England)

Also been to loads of animal themed / zoos/ safaris, do they count?

18. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Oh yea, I've been to Flamingoland too. What a pile of crap that place is.

Being perfectly honest, in England Alton Towers is the only theme park worth bothering with.

19. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Disneyland -- California
    Disneyworld/Epcot/Whatever else Disney is there -- Florida
    Universal Studios -- California
    Knott's Berry Farm -- California
    Magic Mountain -- California
    Six Flags Great America -- Illinois
    Cedar Point -- Ohio
    Legend City -- Arizona
    Mission Bay Amusment Park -- California
    Lagoon -- Utah
    Six Flags over Texas -- Texas
    Sea World -- California

20. Kitrax

Media:
    Rastor, no, Cedar Point doesn't sound familiar...IIRC, it was 'America' something... :bad: :rolling:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.