1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Weapon help with 3E.

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by Register, Jun 28, 2003.

1. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

[​IMG] What is the name of the small weapons that have three odds? Y'now, one in the turtles have two of them. I think it was the one in red. Help appreciated.

2. Oaz Gems: 29/31

Sai?

Like mini-tridents?

That would be the ones Raphael used.

If you're looking to make a weapon out of it, I suggest something like 1d4/19-20 x3, Exotic, Finesse-able.

3. Register Gems: 29/31

Thanks. I will use these, yes, because they are sooo cool. Thanks again.

4. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] The stats for sai and all other martial art type weapons for listed in Oriental Adventures. The book also have all the classes and feats to go along with them. It's an excellent addition to your book collection.

5. Register Gems: 29/31

Have no cradit card so I can't order them and my local seller wont sell them to me.

Also, I don't want to be an oriental character, I just wanted the Sais. Seems a little odd to buy a book to get some weapon stats. Also, I don't have a steady income so I can't by many books. I only have:

The PHB in my head(Basically)
    DMG
    Manual of the Planes
    Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting
    Sword and Fist

6. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

From the Arms and Equipment Guide
    Cost: 1gp
    Damage: 1d4
    Critical: x2
    Weight: 2 lb
    Type: Piercing
    Description: A Sai's pronglike extrusions are designed to help catch and disarm opponents' weapons. If you attemtp to disarm your opponent using a sai, you gain a +4 bonus on the opposed attack roll. (You don't gain any bonus if someone tries to disarm you of your sai.)
    A monk using a sai can strike with her unarmed base attack bonus, including her more favorable attacks per round, along with other applicable modifiers.

7. Register Gems: 29/31

Yek!! Thats lousy. I will upgrade it to 19-20/X3 and finesse-able like Oaz said. Also, I will make a keened +2 Sai for myself that is. :rolleyes:

8. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Well, it makes a nice offhand weapon when it comes to disarming. But other than that, yeck indeed :grin:

I was right as a kid. Raphael sucks ;)

9. Register Gems: 29/31

But I was going to use two of them as my duals, not only one of them.

10. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    For disarming both a dualwielding rangers swords and kick him between the legs? You'll do fine. Well, not for the ranger, but... hah well.

11. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Just where did you guys see a weapon 19-20/ x3 ?

I know i havent. AFAIK weapons with larger threat range only have x2 normaly. Which seems quite balancing to me. Otherwise imagina a scytle with 18-20/x4 :eek: :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.