1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Watcher's Keep Level 1-Stuck!

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by sheriffs, Nov 8, 2002.

1. sheriffs Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I have placed the candle, book, and bell on the alter. I was attacked by some of the statues and defeated them. However, the walkthru says, "...Once that is done, left-click on the altar again. You’ll be asked to perform the ritual with the various pieces you have placed on the altar."

I am NOT asked to perform the ritual. Nothing happens! I should note that the first time I put the items on the alter and got attacked, I had not been to the sarcophagus yet. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

2. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] you have to memorise the stuff in the sarcofagus thing

3. sheriffs Gems: 1/31

How do I memorize it? I have clicked on the sarcofagus (however you spell it). I thought that was all I needed to do?

4. Sylvan Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Did you open the sarcophagus with the Priests Key and then talk to the dead priest? If so then you would have got the note inside the sarcophagus...yes?
    The note tells you how to perform the ritual.
    IIRC to perform the ritual you need the book, bell, candle and tattered parchments.

5. sheriffs Gems: 1/31

tattered parchments, book, candle, bell, and speaking to the priest...I've done all of that; still nothing when I get back to the alter.

6. PseudoDragon Gems: 1/31

Try taking out all the items and placing them back in the altar, then folow the
    book (sleves) instructions

i forget how it goes, long time since :)

7. sheriffs Gems: 1/31

Thanks to all for trying to help. I am still stuck though!

Isn't the statue supposed to talk to me when I put the items on the alter? I've been putting them on and off, on and off...He doesn't like me!

8. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] I'll summarize what's to be done, hopefully you've just missed something. If not then it might be high time to look at your saves and see if you have some just before entering Watcher's Keep, perhaps an Autosave?

On the top of the right side of this level is the burial place of the High Priest.
    - Click the Sarcophagus to open it.
    - The resident of the tomb arrives he asks for his slippers, so give them to him.
    - Click the Sarcophagus again and you get the Mental Note.

Go back to the main hallway and up to the altar at the top of the room.
    - Open it and place the Bell and Candle in it.
    - The statues come alive and attack you.
    - After you've killed all the statues the giant statue talks to you and asks for the ritual which is:
    1. Ring the Bell
    2. Ring the Bell
    3. Light the Candle
    4. Open the Book - you must have opened the Sarcophagus!
    5.Ring the Bell

With the ritual completed the Mirrored Portal to the next level opens.

One remote posibility is that some statue is hiding somewhere and needs to be killed first so walk around the whole level and especially check the doorways for I've seen monsters get stuck behind opened doors before. :confused:

9. sheriffs Gems: 1/31

Thanks to all. I think I will take Earl Grey's advice: try one more time and look around for trapped monsters. Then, I'll see if I have a save anywhere near my current time. Will let you know if it works.

10. Farthy Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

[​IMG] If one of your rangers (you, Valygar, or Minsc) has tracking, then use it to point to the direction of the possibly hidden creature, or statue.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.