1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Want to gather a good party

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by pietrov, Apr 15, 2001.

1. pietrov Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I'm lawful good fighter and i want strong party of good and neutral alig. with a pure
    (not mc) cleric and some kind of mage it must also contain Yan because he is the only real thief

2. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Unfortunately, the only pure cleric is Viconia, who is neutral evil.

I would suggest:

You
    Minsc (CG Ranger)
    Keldorn (LG Paladin)
    Jan (CN Theif/Mage)
    Aerie (LG Mage/Cleric)
    Jaheira (N Fighter/Druid)

At least with this party, you'll get some interesting dialogue, and some interesting quests. If you really did want a pure cleric, you could start a multiplayer game.

[This message has been edited by Wildfire (edited April 15, 2001).]

3. Cerryl Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I'd also suggest taking Valygar instead of Jaheira or Minsc (if you're romancing Jaheira)

4. pietrov Gems: 1/31

1) is there an easy way to increase/decrease
    reputation permanently(for keeping in party
    Vyconya and/or Edwin) without conflicting with Amnish Guards
    2)what about weakness of mc chars?
    they would not have a broad variety of spells
    on higher levels
    i'm not sure but i think that pure class or
    something like Nalia is better than mc
    3)is there any way of raising Abomen's wisdom
    more then 2(no cheat)

5. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

You can raise your reputation by donating to temples, although the permanence of this reputation depends on your actions. I'm not sure about lowering reputation, I've never needed to do this, but I guess, you could go into some random house and kill the occupant.

6. Cerryl Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

1) If you want to be an evil party to best rep to have is 18. This gives you max bonuses without having people leaving. A trick I read somewhere (I think it might have been here) is to have Vic leave and rejoin the party when the rep gets to high. You lose 2 rep whenever she joins so that allows you to control your rep to a degree. Another thing to do is kill an innocent.

2) There isn't really that much of a weakness for a mc char. You should be able to reach the exp cap even with a mc char.

3) No, AFAIK the only way to raise Anomen's Wis is by getting him knighted and that's only 2 wisdom.

Also Wildfire, Anomen is a pure Cleric sort of. He's a Dual classed char so he's only leveling as a cleric

7. pietrov Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] whom do you think is better, Mazzy or Aerie,
    if the others are I,Anomen,Yan,Nalia and i also don't know whom is to chose:Keldorn or
    Minsc\Valygar?

8. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Take Mazzy and Minsc for start. Later you'll probably need a good mage so you'll get Imoen.

9. Bruce the Monk Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] where can i gather a group for online gaming?
    level 10 characters are welcome!
    and how can i get my characters to romance?
    Bruce

10. Modjahed Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Privet chuvak!
    Take Keldorn, he is definitely the best NPC to have around. Give him Gauntlets of Dex, Girdle of Hill Giant Str and Carsomyr (drool...) and with his True Sight and Dispel he is going to kick any (well, almost any) arse solo.

11. caleb Banned

Hey bruce i'll be in your party...but my monk is level 21 so I will probably have to make a new character.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.