1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Voice actors for IWD NPC

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by Kulyok, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Kulyok Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

IWD NPC mod, a mod which adds joinable talking NPCs to Icewind Dale, with banter, scenery dialogue, flirts and romances, in production at Pocket Plane modding community, will be nearling completion soon.

There are five NPCs in the project. All five require full voicing, which comes up to about 100-120 short lines. Two actors have already been (tentatively, and with much gratitude on my part) chosen; three more remain.

If you are willing to become one of them, and if
    - English is your first language;
    - you'll be able to record with the minimum amount of noise(which is relatively easy; if you are not sure how, see the link below);
    - you'll be willing to play the role. No special training is required, and in computer games, there's no such thing as overacting,

then, please, take a look at the samples. If your (male) voice is not low enough, this is a bonus.

a) Nella(female human fighter), a calm, confident and serious young woman.

Sample 1: So, as we are in this together, we might as well know each other better.
    Sample 2: I often come here. Watching the blades being made... it is just like magic.
    Sample 3: Oh, not the place again.

b) Holvir(male human paladin), a brave, noble, (slightly) pompous young man.

Sample 1: A fine display of swords. The work of a true craftsman.
    Sample 2: Our first mission is complete. My friends, this is a big accomplishment.
    Sample 3: Do *you* think I am ceremonious?

c) Korin(male elven ranger), a grave, thoughtful, often irritated young man.

Sample 1: I live so close to these streets, but now they look unfamiliar.
    Sample 2: Elves have no place underground. If there is something I hate, it is the rattling of rotting bones.
    Sample 3: I am sorry for putting your lives at risk. I shouldn't have-

Also, take a look at some helpful hints for audio recording:
    http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/topic,62.0.html

Please, send your samples in .wav or in .ogg format to me. The e-mail is kulyok, at
    pocketplane.net

Alternatively, you can contact me in this thread or via Icewind Dale NPCs forum: http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/board,89.0.html.

Deadlines: I'd like to hear from you before the end of February. Then, in the beginning of March, I'll be able to send you the full script(and the link to the working mod, too, if you like).

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.