1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

ups and downs of alignment mixing

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by sminnis, Sep 7, 2000.

1. sminnis Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] Does anyone know some of the ways BGII might handle alignment mixing in the party? I definitely want to keep Minsc and (probably) Imoen, but I think I also want to pick up Viconia (who, to my understanding, is still available). But, of course, she's evil and the other two are good. :eek:

When I did this in BGI, nothing much happened, but I'm guessing that it may be more complicated (that's a good thing) in BGII.

Any insider knowledge on this issue?

2. Da Punisher Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] In BG1 I had Minsc, Ajantis (Paladin) Imoen,
    and jaheira; All good or neutral.
    Then I came across edwin, and I really really liked him!
    I read in the manual that evil NPC's will break when your reputation is 19 or 20 and I wanted to keep 'em all!
    So when my reputation became 16 or higher,
    I just killed a lonely guy, like that drunk fellow at that temple east of beregost.
    No one will know it and your reputation decreases with 7.
    Everytime when this happens, you look for a lonely so you won't be hunted by guards.
    I guess when you do this in BG2, you can keep everybody, because they are all neutral about your reputation.

3. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] It's unclear to me if this will work the same in BG2. From reading all the reviews I understand that all the NPC - mostly party members - have a lot more scripting. Hence, they care a lot more about what you do and how you act. I know that some NPC will have conflicts with each other. If that means they can't work together at all I don't know. I do know that with all the interaction have NPC with different views will be very interesting. To make thing even more interest I know that they react to your alignment. If your LG or CE the whole game is different. BG2 has a lot more evil ways to solve quests and interact with NPCs. It should be cool.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.