1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

unseeing eye

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Herbert Longbeard, Oct 20, 2000.

1. Herbert Longbeard Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] can someone please help me. i am stuck in the rift area where i get attacked by 3 beholder type creatures called gauths. how do i kill them? they blast me every time before i get to them

2. TelexStar Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Do you mean by the bridge with the questions?

I had the same problem.

Beholders and their kin use 'Cause serious wounds' 'Lightening' 'hold' spells to attack you very fast (as you've probably found out). Have one of your clerics or mages cast chaotic commands or free action which will make you imune to their hold spells. Then cast protection from Lightening and protection from evil on your main attacking force. and charge them. Once your fighters are engaged, use your cleric or mage to cast hold monster or confusion.

Some people say that using summoned elementals works well.

This is one of the great aspects of the game. You get to a point where it seems as if it is absolutly impossible, but once you try using a different approach in tactics you'll find that the game rewards you.

3. Mercutio Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] I had problems with these guys too; but there is VERY simple but effective tactic for them: cast improved invisibility on your mage/cleric sneak up to the three gauths and cast mental domination on one of them and let him attack the rest, when they are occupied with themselves let your fighters smack 'em :D

4. Grumblebelly Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Summoned elementals or animals work very well. For some reason they don't cast their innate spells on them and only use physical attacks. If you're having trouble - use it.

5. hooligan_inc Guest

Yeah...Use lots of summon spells to get some cannon fodder. The only problem w/ this, is the game slows down big time on lower end machines.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.