1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Unreal Tournament

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Wildfire, Aug 27, 2001.

1. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

[​IMG] There has been quite a lot of talk about FPS (First Person Shooter) type games in the chatroom. Fairly suprising for a RPG chatroom ;).
    Anyway, we were thinking that it would be fairly fun to have some kind of organised game for members of the boards. Finally, you will get your chance to kill that anoying person that you really dislike :D :D.
    Any suggestions or comments about this would be appreciated.

~Wildfire

2. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

I'll Nail anyones butt. Unofficially of course.

Officially it would be cool. But Alas my pretty darn annoying low life piece of junk and lunk PROXY-server has an equally pretty darn annoying low life piece of junk and lunk FIREWALL

But Know that I am the master. My Starwars quotes and taunts would drive You insane.

3. Big B Gems: 27/31

I don't know about unreal tournament but I would dig out the old Jedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith games to play the only first person shooter I ever liked...

4. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

give me counterstrike anyday.
    But my real level of expertise lies in the realm beyond.I am a maverick at voyager elite force.

5. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

I am Omnipotent in shooters.

6. Elendil Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] I second the Jedi Knight proposal.
    But I have one also.
    What say you about this: Two opposing members of the forum can settle their score using Warhammer: Dark Omen. Damn, it's not a FPS and it's only for two players, but it is fantasy, then it's very good, and third, it's very good and it's fantasy :D

7. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] I'd go for a DeathMatch in UT. If I had a connection that would support it, that is. As it is, I can only watch slides if I play UT on 33.6k bps...

8. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

I never played UT much, I prefered Quake 3 (I fragged Wildfire with that :D bwahaha) but when this will start I think I have to reinstall UT and practice some more.

I like deathmatch however it's sometimes to easy and non-strategic (Frag any butt that isn't yours). Maybe it would also be cool to play a Team Deathmatch.... What about the USA continent against Europe? Or the Moderators / OP's against the normal humans? :)

9. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

When I get my new computer, I can join you in UT, Q3 or CS. I'm not too good at any of them, but it's fun to play :)

10. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I'd be happy to try any of these:

Hidden and Dangerous (and the add-on)
    Operation Flashpoint
    Star Trek Elite Force
    Jedi Knight (and the add-on)
    Half Life (I could probably get counter strike easily enough)
    Quake 2
    The Wheel of Time
    System Shock 2
    Unreal Tournament Demo (would consider buying full version)

And yep I realise that some of them are co-operative only and this is really about fragging people :)

11. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] UT is a nice game, especially when played in a network. Capture the flag mode is pretty cool - very fast *and* tactical, just like team death-match. Anyway, this weekends LAN-massacre made me feel that I like to have more practice for the next time to theach *them* a lesson :( :D

12. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Hmm howabout setting up a clan to challenge the world? For example ... a name could be the Mystical Sorcerers Clan or something like that ... howabout it?

13. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

[​IMG] We Would desintegrate the World. To be humble that is.

Just beware of those who have programs that see through walls. We need a trace buster buster, at every Clanmember's computer.

14. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31

UT rocks! I'm not that good at multiplayer, but in practice missions, my favorite map is Overlord with the assault missions. I found a mod online that allows you to use World War 2 weapons, and Overlord seems like a take from "Saving Private Ryan". Not only that, but the sniper rifle is changed to a .50 cal Robar! Heh heh...you only need to get within three feet to kill someone. (And that's realistic, a .50 shell creates such a concussion that just its passing through the air will crush bone.)

15. Elendil Gems: 7/31

[​IMG] I agree that UT is a great game with great multiplayer. But there are lots of people like Talunain who have either bad connections or a bad computer or both.
    So...Jedi Knight anyone? ;)

16. Big B Gems: 27/31

Is there any other online game place besides MSN gaming zone to play Jedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith? I had been playing on the zone for months and all of the sudden the zone doesn't seem to recognize I have JK and MOTS installed on my computer, meaning it won't let me play. MSN Tech help sucked big time. They were no help at all and you had to wait forever to talk to them. I will play JK and MOTS with you but can we ditch the zone? And preferably MOTS because JK multi levels are nowhere near as good as MOTS multi levels. Hutt Palace baby! It will always be my fav. All those booby traps and fake doors. Man brings back memories...

17. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

For slower puters, I have nothing against some Quake 2.

18. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

When I have UT again installed, we should discuss this again... I have Q3, so can play that too but that's not funny for poor Wildfire.... So soon I would like to play a deathmatch or team deathmatch (even better)

19. In just eight more days I get my adsl connection so count me in on some online playing anytime.

For games I'd like to play there is always

CounterStrike
    Quake3

And I'll kick all your asses in any of the C&C games(redalert etc.)

[This message has been edited by DragonSlayer21 (edited August 28, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by DragonSlayer21 (edited August 28, 2001).]

20. Alex Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

[​IMG] LOL If you guys want an offical Sorcerers CS server I can (on a specified schedule or preagreed times) host it anytime through may. I can pretty easily get Q3 although I do not like it as much, and although I cannot imagine it being any good, I want to try Star Trek Elite Force.

Although If we play CS I must first warn you of my mad pump shottie skillz. :) :)

[This message has been edited by Alex (edited August 28, 2001).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.