1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Underworld 2 on its way?

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Beren, Sep 25, 2004.

1. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Check this out:

http://www.thezreview.co.uk/comingsoon/u/underworld2.htm

If it is going to happen, I'm there opening night.

There was a previous thread on the first Underworld movie, but it got relegated to the Whatnots archive. So I figure, this thread will be both about Underworld 1 and your hopes/expectations/thoughts concerning the sequel. Indeed, its pretty hard to discuss a sequel without reference the first film. Just check out the closing scene, where Selene forbodes that Marcus will arise to take the throne in a promise of retribution.

Anyway, I loved the first film. I definitely enjoyed watching Kate Beckinsale blow werewolves away, black leather, ninja flips and all. Michael Sheen and Bill Nighy were all perfectly cast as Lucian and Viktor respectively.

Just a little thought of mine on the plot for the sequel. At the end of the film, I noticed that Marcus' eyes went black, just like Michael Corvin's did when he underwent his second transformation. And Viktor proclaimed that Marcus was a descendant of Corvinus. Hmmmm ... will Marcus arise as another Vampire/Werewolf hybrid, and more powerful than Michael for having been an elder? Makes me wonder who will be cast for such an important role.

2. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

I don't think that is just a little thought of yours, that is probably going to be the whole plot.

I can't wait until the Underworld sequel is released; the first movie was one of the coolest movies I've seen. I do hope that Kraven get's killed in the second movie, he's a brat that should have been taken care of in the original.

As for Bill Nighy; I heard something about him also playing in the second movie. Hopefully he will only be in a flashback or something like that, because it would be pretty disappointing if he survived.

3. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Oh gods not another Vampire movie. They always seem to get stuff wrong and leave so many 'why didn't he/she just do...?' moments. Maybe it's because nothing has matched 'Interview with a Vampire' that I'm so critical of Vampire movies...

4. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I thought the first one was pretty crappy, the premise was rather cool and up until the end it was a quite entertaining flick. It all came crashing down with the horribly crappy werewolf/vampire hybrid, it was just so damn ugly and badly done and stupid and god knows what else.

I might rent the sequel when it enters the bargain bin.

5. Equester Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

I agree with mesmero. Underworld is one of my favorite movies, definitely my favored vampire movie, and I'm rally looking forward to the sequel. the only thing I didn't like about the first one was the ending, Victors death was a little lame, other then that i loved the movie.

6. Alavin

Alavin If I wanted your view, I'd read your entrails Veteran

The original was good, although let down by the way that elder vampire died. That really was a terrible ending. I'd probably watch the sequal, because other than the ending, Underworld wasn't bad.

7. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Underworld was a very, very funky movie. And the fact that the plot was so weak that there's nothing to ruin means that I don't really mind there being a sequel :)
    In fact, the more sequels the better. The atmosphere in Underworld was really strong, and that was the main thing it had going for it. They should be able to capture the same thing - just so long as we don't get any really lame deaths this time...

8. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I'm all for style over substance. Kate in a trenchcoat wielding modified M92Fs in each hand - gold.

9. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I wouldn't go so far as to say that Underworld is one of my favourite movies of ANY type but I certainly thouroughly enjoyed it and would most likely go see the sequel. But then, I actually sat through an hour of "Shadow Of The Vampire" because it was a vampire movie.

So, bring on Underworld 2!

10. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I too am stoked for Underworld 2, and agree completely with Beren's assessment.

What I'm surprised at is that it didn't do so well in American theaters. Maybe because it was so unfamiliar, I don't know. But you'd think with the success of the Blade movies, this one would have done better here. I'd heard nothing about it from anyone I know, and rented it when it came out out of curiosity. I was very, very pleasantly surprised. From the plot, to the actors, to the visuals - all around it's one of the best action/horror movies I've seen in years.

And yes - Kate Beckinsale being incredibly tasty certainly helps.

11. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

Reviving an old thread, but I just saw Underworld :D

Kate Beckinsdale is HOT. I plan to meet her later in my dreams hehe :p Anyways, I thoroughly enjoyed the 1st movie and, like most of you, thought the ending was kinda lame, particularly the way Viktor was killed. But I am definitely excited to see the sequel. It was no "Interview with the Vampire" but it was definitely worth watching. There was that funny scene when Kate was telling Scott Speedman to jump out the window:

"Jump!"
    "Are you fcuking kidding me?!"

hehe :D

12. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Update ....

It has been confirmed that Sir Derek Jacobi will be playing the pivotal role of Marcus.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0401855/

http://www.tmaw.co.uk/derekj.html

An interesting choice to say the least. I don't in the least doubt Jacobi's thespian bona fides at all. But I was a little surprised to see someone so elderly in what must surely be a physically intense role. Then again, Bill Nighy rocked as Viktor so maybe I should just cross my fingers and be rewarded. :)

Edit: As a sidenote, Michael Sheen is also confirmed to be coming back as Lucian (perhaps as just historical flashbacks though). Apparently Kate Beckinsale left Sheen for the director, Len Wiseman, during the filming of the first movie. Makes me wonder what kind of work environment that's going to create on the set. :nuts: (Finally managed to use that smiley :shake: )

[ November 25, 2004, 11:32: Message edited by: Beren ]

13. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I need to rent Underworld 1. I saw a feature on it on TV and it looked damn awesome. It's actually based on some kook beliefs too; some people claim that there is a war raging down there.

14. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Underworld had good potential, but the scenes suffered from what seemed like a poor budget. The movie had a too cheap feeling to it somehow. As if the coreography of the combat scenes was a bit sluggish and unconvincing, and it's not like the soundtrack was too good either. If they manage to fix those two in Underworld 2 then I'm all for it. I'd prefer they left the damn lovestory out of it too.

15. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

I'd watch it for Kate Beckinsdale alone, the fact that I actually liked it was a bonus ;)

16. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    The main reason i put it on was for Kate Beckinsdale, then i realized at the end i enjoyed the movie aswell ;)

[ December 02, 2004, 00:33: Message edited by: Dalveen ]

17. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

I rented Underworld out and I found it pretty entertaining. Nothing awe inspiring but pretty damn cool. Roll on Underworld 2! :banana:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.