1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Underdark - RP

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Felinoid, May 31, 2006.

1. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

"Bah. Those fools. The Hammer of Callarduran is just schlubing sitting there in that museum, of no use to anyone, yearning to be used once again." Grendlich grumbled as he donned his clothes and leather once again. "And it's not like I was going to take the Pick too. They totally overreacted. I'll find my way back in, and when I do, I'll take both of them just to cheese off those judgemental hypocrites. But how to...hey!" Grendlich suddenly noticed the overtall form in his path. "Who goes there?"

2. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Valdos cocked a brow arrogantly at the filthy _thing_ before his path. "Away with you, creature, lest you show me to a suitable corpse," the Ilythiirian ordered in a hauty tone. He kept his lovely robes away from the _thing_ as it came closer.

3. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

"Duerra's boots are you two going to stand there blathering all day? Or will the corridor be open for business again soon?" Dhalkhan stood behind the Drow leaning on his mace, with a bored indeifference to the circumstances of the two before him.

4. kuemper Gems: 31/31

"I am surrounded by the filth of the Underdark," he muttered under his breath. "You two look competent enough. You're now part of my entourage and my household. Move, rivvan, and show respect to your master!"

5. DarkStrider

Dhalkhan picked up his mace "Would you be wanting one or two smashed knees? I only answer to my Goddess and you don't look female to me, so unless you don't want to walk again I suggest moving Drekhvallnak"

6. kuemper Gems: 31/31

"You will pay for your insolence, scum!" Valdos shrieked and uttered a dark incantation. A red haze rose from his finertips and surrounded the dirty dwarf. Valdos grinned at first, ready for the thirst of draining life. Then, he realized his spell was not working, screamed, " :aaa: AAAAHHHHHH!!! :aaa: " like a surfacer child and ran away.

7. DarkStrider

Dhalkhan put his mace back down, leaned on it again, looking at the retreating Drow and chuckled, then he looked at the Svirfneblin "Are you alright, little friend? None the worst for your encounter with the lordly one? If ye're fine I'll be on me way then"

8. Felinoid

"I'm fine enough, and I'm not your friend. Though I suppose I do have to thank you for distracting that ninny," Grendlich said as he sifted through the pouch he'd lifted from the drow as it was casting. Picking out a couple gold coins, he tossed them at the duergar. "There. Consider us even."

Grendlich turned to leave, then stopped as an idea hit him. "Say, we make a fairly good team. How'd you like to help me gain a little revenge on my fellows? There's an artifact in it for you."

9. DarkStrider

"What kind of artifact, would we be talking about, laddie?" catching the coins flung at him.

10. Felinoid

"A magical miner's pick. Digs out rock like you wouldn't believe, and can dig out organs just as well. I've no use for it, and was going to steal and sell it out of spite, but if you help me you can have it instead; revenge is all the sweeter in the hands of a rival." Grendlich grinned, then added, "But the hammer is mine."

11. DarkStrider

"Aye, that sounds fine by me, laddie, lead on then"

12. Felinoid

"Alright." Grendlich led the duergar back the way he had come, then stopped. "We're close to the entrance to the city. You'll distract the guards while I sneak by. Try to get in so you can help me at the temple too." And with that, Grendlich began disrobing. First his armor...and then his clothes.

13. DarkStrider

"Woah, why are you undressing?"

14. Felinoid

"Helps me sneak. You got a problem with that?"

15. DarkStrider

"Why me, Duerra, why me? Ok, distracting of the guards coming up" and with that the duergar ran round the corner and down the corridor towards the city shouting at the top of his lungs about "cowardly drow" and "mangy dark-skinned dogs that should be yellow". The guards on the gate were having trouble restraining the angry duergar, who upon seeing the naked svirfneblin go past started calming down. Listening to the guards explain that no drow had passed this way, the duergar started apologising, then asked the guards for directions to an Inn. They let him go, under the condition he caused no more trouble.

Once inside the city he stopped someone and asked directions to the temple, and having them made his way there, he walked through the doors and then stood to one side, wondering what to do next.

16. Felinoid

"Psssst!" A nude Grendlich waved the hesitant duergar over. "Here's the hard part. I don't know how they caught me last time. So I want you to get caught. Wait, whoa whoa whoa!" Grendlich had to stop the dwarf from leaving, which normally wouldn't be easy on the physical side, but was aided by the duergar's unwillingness to touch the naked svirfneblin. "I don't mean that you'd get put in jail. Just get caught doing something that looks suspicious, but can be explained away. When you get the attention of the priests, I'll try to steal the artifacts. I know a way out of the city, so when you're done just meet me outside of the gate."

17. DarkStrider

Muttering curses and anything else he could think of under his breath, Dhalkhan moved up to the altar and started to move stuff off the altar replacing it with candels etc from his bag. He was about to start praying to Deep Duerra when a voice interrupted him

"Excuse me, but what do you think you are doing?"

Turning round he saw a number of people looking at him, looking at him strangely " I was about to pray to my Goddess, now that the altar is set up properly, is that a problem?" he asked ingenuously.

"A problem, a problem? You come in here, defile our altar, we know have to re-sanctify it and consecrate it again, and you ask if it's a problem? Of course it's a problem you inconsiderate bastard, right, collect you stuff and get out of here, go on"

Dhalkhan picked up the few bits he'd taken out and put them back in his bag, people started pushing him towards the entrance of the temple. Once outside he decided to leave by the route he'd come in, arriving back at where the Svirfneblin had stripped off, he waited.

18. Felinoid

Grendlich waited and watched for his moment, and finally the dark dwarf's actions garnered some reaction. Though he wasn't exactly pleased with the tack the duergar took in drawing attention, as almost an attack on a deity of the Svirfneblin, he couldn't help but recognize its effectiveness (as well as his inability to do anything about it without revealing himself).

Picking his moment, when the one priest exploded at the 'defiler', Grendlich swiped the two articfacts from their perch and ducked through the side door that the priests had come in through. Sneaking through the corridors, he couldn't help letting out a small "heh" at just how simple it had been, and it nearly proved his downfall. Footfalls sounded from around the corner, and Grendlich readied the Hammer.

"What in the Abyss?" came a voice from the empty air in front of him ... and also from behind him. The echoes of the stone had confused him, and as Grendlich realized that he whirled and threw the hammer. It connected with the head of the shocked svirfneblin, who fell over, bleeding on the stone, where the hammer dropped with an audible clatter.

"Crap." Grendlich ran to pick up the relic where it had dropped, and then raced for the door, bowling over two blushing acolytes in his rush to get outside. Grendlich continued his frantic pace through the streets, garnering dismayed shouts from those who had the misfortune to glimpse the streaking thief.

Taking a chance, Grendlich darted into an alleyway and took an angled approach for the front gate, popping into sight mere yards away from where the two guards stood, and ran right past them before they recognized him and gave chase. As he got closer to where he had left his clothes and armor, he spotted the dwarf and tossed the Pick at him, not caring whether the duergar caught in in his hand or his skull. "Run, you idiot!" he shouted as he sprinted, scooping up his belongings as he hurried past.

19. DarkStrider

Snatching the pick as it was thrown at him, Dhalkan ran after the naked Svirfneblin, wishing desperately that whatever pursuit there was would give up soon, if only so the gnome could get dressed. It wasn't a pretty sight, not at all chasing a naked gnome, especially one that didn't seem to wash often....

20. kuemper Gems: 31/31

After calming down from his failed spell, Valdos grumbled as he entered his small apartments in House Melarn. He was throwing together more necessites for another extended trip hunting through the corpses littering the Underdark. A middle ranking priestess spied him and cracked her flail lightly (as lightly as a female Ilythiirian is wont to) against his thighs.

"Wreched male worm, you are lax in your duties to our Ilharess. Get downstairs *now*! We are readying another 'visit' to the Yingilin," she growled at him.

"Y-yes, Jabbress. Immediately," Valdos stammered, scurrying away.

"Lolth be praised!" The priestess took pleasure in hitting the mage a second time as he hurried to comply with her bidding.

At the main courtyard of the house, many Ilythiiri were gathered to raze the nearby gnomish community. The priestess who'd accosted Valdos was in command and lead the war party through the welcome darkness to the Yingilin. The party swarmed the small city, destroying anything in their paths and taking items and people as 'tribute'.

With one of the small groups of 10 Ilythiiri, Valdos did his share of havoc. He stole mostly magical items, intent on making copies for himself before handing them over to the Jabbress. Several warriors discovered a filthy, naked Yingil and a Duergar trying to flee. Valdos clenched his slender fingers, cursing in the silent language of his people. "Valdos, you recognize these rivvan?" a cleric asked.

"Yes, mistress. This one," he pointed at the naked gnome "stole from me while its friend attacked me when I sought restitution!"

The cleric quickly cast a holding spell on the captured pair, then set a geas to bind them to House Melarn. "These stinking animals will regret gaining the displeasure of the Ilythiiri," she cackled gleefully at the hatred the prisoners showed in their eyes. "Lolth be praised! A fine bit of carnage in her name!"

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.