1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Trouble in Dragon's Eye

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by The ShadowWalker, Sep 23, 2001.

1. The ShadowWalker Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I'm at Dragon's Eye and I'm having a hell of a time getting through there. All the monsters have to be taken down with magick items but I've used up all I had. What am I to do?

ShadowWalker

......remember I am but a reflection of you..........be that good or......evil.....

[Go read the Rules/FAQ like you were supposed to when you registered. Stop making such generic "I need help" headlines but come up with something descriptive instead.] -Tal

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited September 23, 2001).]

2. Capt. Tripps Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I assume you mean the trolls which have to be killed by acid or fire. You can take them down with any weapon and then use fire or acid for the final stroke. The best way to do this is to have your best archer have one quiver of fire or acid arrows and only use them when the troll is on the ground. You can change your ammo by right clicking on your bow in the quick weapons slot. However from your post I take it you're out of these arrows, there is a chest in an alcove right by the main entrance that should have a fire sword or axe. Just let one person hit the trolls with this when they are down, you'll get "weapon has no effect" until the fire spell happens and then the troll will die. (sometimes the troll will save so just keep hitting them)

3. Alyr Arkhon Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Have you got any magic weapons that does fire damage If you have, use these weapons insead of others. Memorize the folloving spells: Burning hands (with this spell, you can kill two or even more trolls at the same time),Melf's acid arrow, and agannazar schorcer (bad spelling)

[This message has been edited by Alyr Arkhon (edited September 23, 2001).]

4. Llandon Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Also remember that "confused" trolls DON'T regenerate! So if you have sword/ax of confusion that will work. It might also be helpful to know where you are in Dragon's Eye for more useful suggestions.

5. The ShadowWalker Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Thanks for your input. I've found that about the easiest way to do away with the trolls is to throw a bottle of the green stuff onto them once they are down.

Tal,

As far as your comment goes I can't see why there is a problem with the name on my topic. I did not have "I need help". I simply listed the area I was in and asked for a hand. If you consider my topic name to be generic then all of the topic names must be considered generic because, I fail to see, where they are any more or less descriptive than mine.

[Your topic was named "Help needed" until I renamed it to "Trouble in Dragon's Eye". This is what I was referring to when I mentioned descriptive, because if you don't do it right the first time, the mods/admins have to fix it later. If you were an older gamer suffering from memory loss I wouldn't hold it against you for not remembering what you put in the topic headline one day ago, but since I very much doubt that you are, I'll just assume that you're trying to make me look stupid to cover your own mistakes. Bad idea.] -Tal

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited September 25, 2001).]

6. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Make all the trolls lie unconcious in a big pile, and then finish them all at the same time with Agganazars schorcer.

7. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

There is a short sword that does 1d3 points of fire dmag. 50% of the hits. I have it in my fighters quickweapon slot. You should have found it in the Vale of shadows

8. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The thing is that a lot of the treasure is randomized; I never found a weapon that dealt fire damage until way late in the game.

9. Nathan Gems: 1/31

Chromatic Orb will stun the trolls if your mage is on the right XP level (see spell desciption to find it). They can't regenerate while stunned (or confused, as mentioned by someone else), so kick the crap out of them! Otherwise, use Melf's Acid Arrow (cast ASAP so that it does most damage before expiring), throw Burning Oil things on them or have a few fire arrows/acid arrows. Good luck!

10. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

The best advice I can give, is simply to just export your characters and import them again at the beginning. (I know it's lame :p but it worked pretty good for me once.)

11. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

BTA: About the fire weapons, i found a fire dealing dagger in a chest in the orc cave, the one in the top left corner.

Ah crud, you said that alot of treasure is randomised, sorry didn't see that.

[This message has been edited by Z-Layrex (edited April 13, 2002).]

12. Tom Tayler W Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Save up your money buy the troll killer sword from the black smith in kuldahar.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.