1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Troika is Hiring

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by chevalier, Sep 22, 2004.

1. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Troika, the developer of The Temple of Elemental Evil, is offering four new jobs: Concept Artist, Character Modeller, Designer/Writer, Senior Rendering & Tools Programmer.

Employment with Troika Games will also get you the following:

• A highly competitive salary
    • Retirement plan with company matching
    • Medical, dental and supplemental insurance plans
    • 2 weeks paid vacation per year
    • PROFIT SHARING! - get a share of the games you help create
    • A fun and relaxed work environment
    • 2 console systems and a library of games to play
    • A kitchen stocked with free sodas and snacks
    • Pizza luncheons and gaming nights
    • A close-knit development team dedicated to creating the highest caliber games
    • An ongoing commitment to making your work experience more creative, fun and fulfilling
    Read the whole thing at Troika.

[ September 22, 2004, 17:19: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

They are bragging about giving two weeks vacation time? :eek:

Isn't that the legal minimum required by law? They seem to be trying to sell themselves as a great place to work and everything else sounds good but I don't think I would even consider working somewhere unless I was given at least three weeks vacation.

3. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    That may be the starting amount. Companies I'm familiar with start you out with two weeks, and you gain more the longer you are with the company. Kinda a reward for sticking around rather than company-hopping :)

4. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Where I live, it starts from about a week and progresses up until 26 days. At least, as a standard. They could always agree on different terms.

5. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

In Canada the legal minimum is two weeks - I thought it was the same in the U.S. It is generally accepted that someone with a university degree will start with three weeks vacation here and increase to four after five to ten years depending on the company and/or how badly the employee wants the extra time off.

I started with three weeks vacation and am currently at four weeks - somewhat earlier than usual but I negotiated to have the extra week of vacation in lieu of a large chunk of my 2003 raise.

Regardless of how normal it might or might not be, I still don't think offering two weeks vacation is something to brag about if you are trying to attract people.

[ September 22, 2004, 21:23: Message edited by: JSBB ]

6. BigStick Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

In the US, at least in the bit of the computer field that I am in, two weeks is standard unless you negotiate more. With the economy the way it is now, many people would take less just to have the work.

I left a job where I had 5 weeks vacation to come to this company where I started with 2. Now after 10 years, I have earned my way back up to 4. In 10 more years, I'll get a fifth which is the current cap. My previous job was a state government position that paid poorly, but gave me lots of time off. Ths shop was closing so there was no option to stay.

I like the stocked kitchen and pizza lunches personally, but am a bit too old to live like that any more. :cry: My kids would love the consoles and games library though! ;)

7. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Only two weeks paid vacation? It's currently three here, but they're thinking of upping it to 4... stupid move if you ask me...

8. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Hmm... Maybe I should actually get an eduication so i could apply to jobs like that.

*sigh*

Too bad they don't hire insane plot twist developers.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.