1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Too many cat corpses, human corpses and skulls

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by StrahdV, Oct 11, 2002.

1. StrahdV Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hey people, I'm in chapter 5 and below there is a tomb with 3 skulls and bodies, and in my back pack there are 3 skulls, two human bodies, and three cat bodies...what the hell am I supposed to do with them, does any body have an idea, will they be used in further quests? In BG you had to collect the pantaloons all throughout BG, BG II, and BG:ToB maybe this is something similar, who knows I'm just making up stufff maybe...

2. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

There's got to be a use for all those bodies, but I know not what.

Bunch of psychos, if you ask me...

3. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Primarily, they are there to annoy players who compulsively collect loose objects like that. Even one of the characters back in Targos tells you that if you show him your dead cat.

However, you can get a minor amount of xp near the end of the game if you happen to have a dead cat, a dead woman, and a dead man in your possession when talking to Yquog. This assumes you didn't kill Yquoug in chapter 1. If you have those corpses and a good Intimidate skill, you can get him to run away instead of fighting.

4. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Had could Yquog even be alive by the end of the game?!?!? IIRC, my initial conversation with him didn't leave me much choice but to dispatch him. Will I be missing out on anything big?

5. Grey Ghost Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

If you do not kill Yquog in the Goblin Warrens he shows up, bigger and better than before in the Severed Hand (on the 1st floor of the Clerics tower I believe). As long as you have one of the corpses then when Yquog offers to fight you can get one of the following dialogue options (these depend on which ones you have):

"You flustered the Barghest Whelp, Yquog, with your strange passion for carrying around a dead cat. 1000"

"You flustered the Barghest Whelp, Yquog, with your twisted good luck charm - and poor attempt at a pun. 1000"

"You flustered the Barghest Whelp, Yquog, with disturbing banter between you and your dead woman companion. 1000"

"You flustered the Barghest Whelp, Yquog, with a disturbing tale of chaperoning an outing between a dead man and dead woman. 1000"

"You flustered the Barghest Whelp, Yquog, with the insane attachment between you, your dead companion, and their dead pet cat. 1000"

"You managed to fluster Yquog with your dead things collection. 1000"

"You managed to *influence* the Barghest Whelp, Yquog, to leave. 1500"

"You managed to fluster the Barghest Whelp, Yquog, with your twisted collection of dead things, to the point of causing him to flee in terror. 2250"

For this forth option I think you need to have four or more corpses, i.e. the cat, the man, the woman, and the child-but this is just a guess.

The xp is not really worth carry those darn things around the whole game, but at the end of the game I was like 500 xp from leveling up before my battle with Isair and Madae, so even a little xp is better than none...

[ October 11, 2002, 14:48: Message edited by: Grey Ghost ]

6. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Yguog in chapter one should offer you a deal to arrange a trade with the dekanter goblin, Kruntar. If you take him up on this offer, there is no reason to fight.

However, if you happen to have already killed Iquog or Kruntar, you have no chance of making such a deal. It is also possible that if your main character is a paladin, he might not agree to any deals with infernal beings. That sort thing happens, though I don't know if its true for this particular encounter.

7. Grey Ghost Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

In chapter 1 do not have your paladin speak with Yquog or you will fight. Not sure about chapter 6 since my sorceress did the talking in that encounter. My personal recommendation is that you just kill Yquog in chapter 1 since you get another magical item (aside from the one he gives you to complete his quest) and you don't need to worry about carrying the dead bodies around. But to each their own...

8. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Well, im not all that far into the game, ive only just got oswald's ship repaired, and im not sure that you can go back to Targos, but if you do, there is an old fat blind lady in a house with a whole lot of cats. Present her with the dead cat that you found in the wearhouse and you will get a total of about 200 XP. Not really worth it i know.

9. White Storm Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Bodies, skulls, cats... These items are so frigin heavy lol :) First time i went through this game i collected about 5 bodies and loads of other crap and i never found use for them. So don't bother collecting them. Any bonuses you get for them won't be high enough when you're lvl 15 or so.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.