1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Too High Ability can make the game too easy?

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by Ofelix, Mar 26, 2003.

1. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I just rolled my char stats: 18-18-15-14-14-11 I was extremely lucky! after a couple of session (maybe 3 or 4) I realized that his stats spoiled my fun! I had almost no weakness ( I have no
    "-x" in a ability) ( We're still at low level 2-3) and I thinking should I re-roll my stats for "worst" stats, but then I should have more fun what'dya think?

2. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

You can build in your own penalties for the character roleplayingwise. Give him some charactertraits that balance him better in your opinion.

3. Capt. Tripps Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Give him some bad personality traits. He's known throughout the area as Sir Stick-up-the-a**, or he goes down to the tavern once a week and demolishes it in a drunken brawl. Maybe he worries about his chrisma not being higher and is terrified of being scarred. He's a nitpicky perfectionist and has a fit if everybody else doesn't meet his standards. Take him and have fun. If the game doesn't give you any weaknesses, make up some just for him.

4. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I think you are right I though of something like that:

well He came from "good" fammily, not noble but at least rich, his parents believe that he his studying Magic for the last 5 years, but he his wandering the land, pickpocket everyone who has more than three piece of gold... (he his a F/R) yeah that's it he can't pass a day without stealing someone or a month without making a Grand theft, and he his Jealous of or Sorcerer! why he his so charismatic?! (21) (well we all know the answer...)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.