1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

to Sylvus, ? about Paladins

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by Wingfoot, Aug 19, 2000.

1. Wingfoot Guest

[​IMG] Greetings Moonbow,

in your walkthru you mentioned in Chapter 2 that if you come upon Albion from the Temple of Eldath w/ a Paladin in your party the Paladin would see Aldion's 'true nature'. this is very true, it just happened to me ( and it sucks because i missed out on buying some good spells) . i am using 4 characters right now and my leader is a 7th level Paladin. last time thru i used 6 chacaters, my leader was a Paladin, but not of the same level and this did not happen.

2. sibley Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

You find at least two of the spells the librarian sells in the small room off the library. I remember this specifically because I bought Flame Arrow from him my first time through, then later found another scroll for it in that room.

According to the hint book, there's a way into that room before the big battle on this level, but I never tried it.

3. Wingfoot Guest

i already got 1 copy of Flame Arrow from Orrick, can't remember if there is another one in the game. the one i really wanted is Ice Storm which you can normaly buy here. the way into that room before the big battle is to not have a Paladin in your group, at least a high level one. the very 1st time i went through IWD (and the 2nd) i was able to buy spells and rest in this Temple.

4. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Happened to me regardless of what level my Paladin was.

Sylvus

5. Modjahed Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

The trick to get to the bookshelf is quite simple.

You talk to the librarian, ask about some magical texts. Then you quit the dialogue window, hang out for a while and then start the dialogue option again.

There will be a new line available: "... you know, Albion wants to tell you smth...", the librarian goes and talks to Albion, your thief lockpicks the door, and there are two shelves. On one you get three magic scrolls for free, the other reveals the true nature of the temple.

However, I prefer to fight this level this way.

I get my party to the locked door in the southeast corner of the temple, cast Haste, Prayer, etc., have my party kill the two dudes in front, there is an alarm, all the doors open and I run to the High Summoner room. I think with Haste on , I get there before he is able to summon anything more, than a Lizardman. After that it is a piece of cake.

Cheers...

6. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] Can you leave your Paladin on the upper level and not have him detect the temples true nature? If you just go down with your other PC what happens? I'd like to buy the spells before I clear you the place. Has anyone tried this. Does it work?

[This message has been edited by Voltric (edited August 21, 2000).]

7. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Just don't talk to anyone and you'll be fine.

If it's not your Paladin, it will be someone with a high INT who notices the rug near the High Summoners place. Either way, you have to eventually fight everyone, but my Paladin and my party roamed freely until I entered a conversation, then the true evil came through and I kicked all their asses!

Sylvus

8. Modjahed Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

In response to Voltric.

No you can not. If you change your location in a major way (like not enter the shop), but go on a different level in the Dragon's Eye or go to the next floor in a Serendine's Hand tower, the game will tell you "You have to gather your party before venturing forth."

Bad luck.

9. Wingfoot Guest

i was never able to talk to Albion, the second Albion came into view my Paladin saw thru his guise and the battle began. it was kinda cool because i wasn't expecting it. i wonder if this happened because my Paladin was 7th level @ the time.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.