1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Tie Fighter CD

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Sniper, Apr 27, 2002.

1. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Anyone ever liked this starwars game where you became an imperiel pilot trained to kill the helpless rebels?

I loved it! Especially the TIE Fighter and TIE Interceptor craft! I didn't like the TIE Defender or TIE advanced so much as well ... it wasn't very 'film' like :D

So what you guys think of it?

2. Alex Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

That game is a classic!

3. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Yeah, Tie Fighter and Xwing totally rocked.

I can remember using some Xwing editor for the floppy edition, and ab-so-tivley cranking down the Death Star trench. Like at 1000+. Tie Fighter was awesome too. Especially after you crank up an editor, and max out the Gunboat. Oh yeah, 100+ rockets would take more than a few ships offline.

Although I have the Series, I prefer the Collector's. I've yet to find a trainer/editor for the Series version.

4. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] I really enjoyed it, but I never did beat it.

Hmmm... I'll have to resolve this matter sometime :evil: :grin:.

5. total Guest

Yess, that was one of the best games i played. Finished it several times (but some missions from collector's CD just with cheats, i hated those single TIE Defender missions) Best crafts: TIE Interceptor, TIE Defender (c'mon people, you can't say it isn't good, yes it is not in the movie, but if we would play only things from the movie that would be boring, we would allready know the whole story and dont give me that b.sht. abouf "good feeling" flying with TIE Fighter and other non shielded crafts, because i just hated when i was in the rush of the game and almost finished the mission and than some part of destroyed X-Wing punched me in the face :mad: ) and Missle Boat with SLAM (loved that thing, why didnt they put it on TIE Defender?)

NOTE: I didnt want to offend anyone with my personal opinion that there isn't any "good feeling" and that it is bull's pop! Because i admit there was some special thing what made that game so replayable and it entered classics!

What is the best mission editor for TIE Fighter Collector's CD and can someone provide me with adress of it! Thank you very much!

6. ejsmith Gems: 25/31

I'm not sure if I still have that mission editor saved to cdrom. I have one 600+ meg cdrom full of cheats and editors/trainers. It's most likely still there. Tie Edit 1.41 or something? There's a UGE module somewhere too for the ships, and a .html page of the hex edit addresses.

7. total Guest

So do you have it? Is it big? Could you put it on a page or could we meet on irc?

Thanks!

8. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] TIE fighter was a great classic game I had on my old 486 about 10 years ago. I don't even think it was on CD at that time I remember having a whole stack of 3 1/2 disks. I did like the TIE Advanced and Gunboat, the one that I had issue with was the oh so slow TIE bomber. TIE vs X-Wing was also a good LAN version.

9. Maarek Stele Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

<

yep the best SW game ever

10. ToTaL Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

After floppy disk version they made CD version with some minor improvements in engine, added one new boat and several new campaigns.

11. ejsmith Gems: 25/31

Uh.

Total?

Were you talking to me on that last post of yours?

I have the cheats for the collector's edition cdrom versions, but there's also the collector's *SERIES* versions which have the updated graphics. I have the ship editor for both (gawd, I have all kinds of stuff for the editions), and I *think* the mission editor for the collection edition only. I'm not sure if there's a mission editor for the series ones. But I can remember cranking up all the ships, so I have either the hex addresses or an actual .flt editor for both.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.