1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Three frustrating game hindrances ... Help!

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Saurstalk, Dec 18, 2005.

1. Saurstalk Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

1. I have a NPC who's grabbed a lot of heavy loot. Only problem is, he's a wimp and is overloaded. Is there anyway, other than death, to get him to drop some of his load?

2. Spontaneous casting for clerics? HOW?

3. I have a mage with empty spell slots and can't find scroll anywhere for him to copy. WHERE?

Thanks

2. Sir Fink Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

1. You can give him lots of light weight useless stuff (leather boots, gloves, etc.) to fill up every slot of his inventory. That way he won't be weighed down and won't be able to pick up any more loot. If you take him to a shop he'll sell it all though, I think. Option B I suppose is don't use henchmen. I haven't bothered with them very much myself. You really don't need them.

2. Hit the SHIFT key while you have the spell radial menu open and all spells will become heal or harm spells.

3. Buy scrolls from the wizard in that big tower on the east side of town or just find them in treasure chests.

3. General Ghoul Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

If you picked up Spurnoir the wizard (he of little STR) have him wrote a bunch of level 0 scrolls, no XP hits or cash, fills up his slots. I also traded out his inventory of clothing. It weighs very litlle and he will never give up what he originally had, so use his originals to fill some inventory slots. There are some mods out there that change the NPCs inventory structures, but I have not had much luck with them working. Also note, Spurnoir can write his spells down on scrolls and give to you to write in your spell book. Note, you need the cash on hand for him to write them.

4. wizard lover Gems: 1/31

you know i never use folowers ether(i can't find any anyway
    cause all the others died)

5. Bombur

Bombur I'm always last and I don't like it

1. Use the Co8 mod to allow you to manage your NPCs' inventories just like PCs.

2. Spontaneous casting: use the radial menu to point to the spell you want to convert, then hit the shift key.

3. The mage in the tower (Rufus or Burne -- can't remember which is which right now) has many scrolls for sale.

6. LadyThorne Gems: 1/31

Ah, but once you've picked a NPC up, how do you get rid of them? I 'rescued' a guy from one of the nodes. All he wanted was to be led out, but now he won't go away.

7. Bombur

Bombur I'm always last and I don't like it

You can dump some NPCs by talking to them and telling them to get lost, stay at home where it's safe, etc. Those that won't leave can always die in some unfortunate accident...

8. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    I think the only one that will never leave no matter what is Fruella, if you married her. But I suppose you can always let an "unfortunate accident" happen to her. OTOH, she is quite wicked with that meat cleaver of hers :lol:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.