1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

This Sucks! (A list of things that are making you unhappy)

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Kitrax, Apr 16, 2006.

1. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    That's right, I said, "This sucks!"

I felt the BoM needed a little venting thread, so make a list of all the things that are currently making you unhappy.

My list:
    • Ok, so we're having to pay for 90% of our own wedding, and my fiancé asked her former step-dad (who raised her between the ages of 5 to 17) to walk her down the isle at the wedding. So he agrees, and offers to help pay for some of the wedding. But then, about a month later, he gets diagnosed with lung cancer, liver damage, and some weird infection in his lungs and brain. At this point he's got about a 75% chance of dying within two weeks. So not only is she losing her ex step-dad, but she won't have anyone to walk her down the isle...
    • In addition to that, I was planning on getting drunk with her this weekend, but she's been at the hospital all day, and she'll be gone all day tomorrow too. So I'll be spending Easter all alone. :cry:
    • We've been given a one month notice to come up with $1800 for a "partial" payment on the reception hall where our wedding is being held at. We knew we would be making several small payments to them before the wedding, but a one month's notice to come up with $1800?!?!? Bang: They aren't budging either. If we back down now, we loose the $500 deposit, and at this point, no other place has our wedding date available. So far we have $700 ready, and have 20 days left till they want to money...so all are bills have been brushed aside...and we just might be able to squeeze out the remaining amount before the due date. But then we'll be several hundred dollars past due will all of our bills. :bang:
    • My dad's pond has a serious leak in it and I have to fill it up every few days or so, and he won't be back from CA for another week or so to fix it. When he gets his next water bill, I'm going to have to resuscitate him after he has a heart attack from how high the bill will be. The pond takes about 2 hours to fill a foot high, and one day, I needed to fill about 3.5 feet so the fish and plants wouldn't die. :eek:
    • Let's see...what else sucks right now.... Oh yeah! I have to write a stupid 2 page 'story' about how I met my fiancé...just so we can be entered in to drawling for $25,000. :rolleyes:
    So, what sucks in your life right now? :rolling:

2. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    My sister, here is a copypasted rant form the FAI because I am too lazy to rewrrite it.

She doesn't knbow JACK about me - case in point, she actually asked me "Since when do you want kids?" recently - and still thinks she knows qhat is best for me and treats me like a retarded five year olf
    I got a gazillion lectures on how she is paying me stuff she can't afford but hey, NEWSFLASH, sister - I did not ask for any of it. it is your own guilt
    So she spent several hunddred dollars on me? fine. I did not ask for any of it. so she has no right to bitch about it
    She is such a stuck up little ***** - just because she had her BA when she was my age doesnpt make her superhuman
    She is such a godawful snotty little entitlement.... *censored* that I jhust wish she´d drop dead
    /end rant

also: loneliness sucks. I want someone to hug and snuggle and do stuiff with in RL, asap.

Having more bills than i can pay sucks, too.

3. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

*hugs Ara* *offers manly handshake to Kitrax*

Okay, my turn?

Lots of work to do.

have to re-draft my History coursework on Charles I for Wednesday, and reduce it by 1000 words.
    Have to finish writing a 3000 word essay on F.Scott Fitzgerald, also for wednesday.

Have to translate a 300 words passage of The Aenied from the original Latin, for wednesday.

Have to revise for a two and a half hour exam in french on thursday.

Have to write 3 philosophy essays for wednesday.

Have to go back to school after 3 weeks at home, on wednesday.

Wednesday SUCKS.

*Wanders off to cry*

4. Eldular Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

*hugs Ara* *pats Kitrax and Daie* :p

I have zero self discipline when it comes to religion and housework and I hate that!

Hmm...

I'd say how I hate to have spent last two years of my life doing nothing but playing games on the computer after dropping out and having no job... But who am I kidding, best time of my life :D

5. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I have to write a 30 pages essay til the end of April. The problem is, I have only a loose idea about structuring this thing and have to start writing tomorrow or the day after if I want to finish it in time.

Then I have to start my preparations for my diploma essay (80 pages). The subject is similar to the essay above, but has to be limited somewhat, and I have no idea how.

[ April 17, 2006, 15:41: Message edited by: Fabius Maximus ]

6. D171087 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

i hate when i don't know where this road will lead me to...
    i wanted for a bright future... and i don't even know will i got it.....

7. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

What currently sucks for me:

- lack of willpower for weight loss

- In YPP, I was on a pillage with a crewmate of mine Friday. We we're the only 2 crewmates on board the ship, the rest were bots or jobbing pirates. So the other crew members who were online at the time never bothered to join us. I find myself quoting Spike, "This is the crack team that spoils my every plan?!?" This crew is trying to be strong enough to form a blockade of an island and take it over. It's not going to happen when there's a) no solidarity; the helping hand and b) senior officers of the crew fall asleep on duty! :eek:

- that my daughter feels abandoned because I didn't take her to Canada with me :cry:

- really effing stupid people :bang:

8. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Complaining people doing nothing about their complaints suck.

Egoistic people suck.

Negativists suck.

/me is being negative and doing nothing about that complaint at the moment, appearantly :p

9. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I've been waiting for that one... they're not making me unhappy, they're pissing the nine hells out of me! :mad: :mad: :mad:

- Work. I like welding but doing some eight hours a day is kind of jading me, which is not a good thing, because I have a lot of project ideas bubbling in my head involving welding. The cellphone salesperson is calling to me louder and louder every day, TBT.

- School. It's not THAT bad... but between juggling work AND school, I'm kinda burning the candly by both ends. I still have a year and a half of that juggling to do. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

- My mother****ing neighbors. They play some ****ing rap just when I'm trying to get some sleep. If that keeps up, I'm gonna beat the **** out of these mother****ers! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Well, that's all for now. More as they pop to mind.

10. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Aww... That sucks! :)

11. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Isn;t that a lyric from a 50 Cent song? :D

12. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Should I do anything about what's annoying me, I will be posting from prison. :p

Not getting a straight answer to a question. :grr:

13. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Politicians and their politics.

14. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    My husband.

15. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Barry Bonds. He cheats in the game of baseball. Whether you like baseball or hate it, you cannot say that people who have been proven to take illegal substances should be allowed in this game. He is currently chasing the homerun record. If he breaks that record, it will be a sad day in the world of baseball. Henry Aaron hit those homeruns through skill, not steroids. Babe Ruth is in second because he was talented. Barry Bonds is about to pass Babe Ruth because he took steroids. **** him. He deserves to be kicked out of the game. His records deserve to be erased, and he needs to be barred from the Hall of Fame. Cheaters cannot be allowed to play in sports. **** that cheater.

16. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I've got two more to add.

The theaters. I won two 'free' movie tickets, but when I go to redeem them today, they told me I couldn't use those tickets to see 'Scary Movie 4' because the movie is so new. So we decided to use them to see 'The Benchwarmers', but the tickets I won can't be used on Friday or Saturday, and they *have* to be used before 6:30pm on any other day...and it was about 6:45pm when we got there! :bang: It's Easter Sunday, and the theater was deserted! But noooooooo our free seats might overcrowd a mostly empty theater. :rolleyes:

Also, my easter candy. My fiance got me the Starburst 'Fun Size' bag. There are two things about this that suck. First, it's the same size as the 1lb bags I usually get, but this bag is only 7oz (that's less than half a pound)! Next, they take two starbursts and wrap them up in a second wraper and call it "Fun Size". There's noting fun about getting less candy *and* having to get through a second wraper! :flaming:

This sucks, I didn't get to see a movie, and I have to work harder for less candy. :bang: :nono: :rolling:

17. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Nothing is getting to me right now. And that will probablly get to some of you.

Actually I can say that it gets frustrating when we have a full house because I can't ever seem to get some quiet privacy time. Unless I lock myself in my room, but even then.

18. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

Angryness:

* SooOooOo much work to do, sooOooOo little time to do it
    * When people talk sh!t about my sister and I make sure people don't run their mouth's anyone I'M the one who gets in trouble!!!
    *How TIGHT is money these days!
    *Almost got kicked outa school because I defended myself because some loser tried to stab me!
    *Moved in with my dad who happens to be loaded and then get screwed over with all the rules that his b!tch $lut of a girlfriend has to set.

Life aint so good anymore :cry:

19. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    What sucks for me? Having feelings for my cousin, and thinking that it might be mutual, but knowing that obviously nothing can ever happen.

Beat that for sick and ****ed up. It's been spinning my head out.

20. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I hear ya, Barmy. Faced the same situation years ago. Had to beat sense into my own head. Wasn't easy, let me tell you.

One more thing pissing me off... well, I can't think of anything else. I've been pissed without a reason for a couple days now. This is NOT good. I need change, and I need it fast.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.