1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Young Ones

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by The Great Snook, Aug 7, 2009.

1. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    The topic of the 1982-1984 British sitcom "The Young Ones" came up in a thread in the Colosseum and since then I have been on a Youtube frenzy watching old episodes.

Well I feel the need to share the love and hopefully remind some of us old fogeys about how great it was and to hopefully introduce some of you young whippersnappers to a great comedy.

Hopefully, these will never be removed from Youtube.

These 4 videos are from Season two, episode 1, titled Bambi.

Enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015
  2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Bambi is a classic episode, but quite frankly, every episode is pure gold.

"Darling Fascist Bully Boy

Give me some more money, you bastard.

May the seed of your loin be fruitful in the belly of your woman

Neil"

3. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I remember seeing reruns at a very young age and getting hooked. Then in my teens I was looking for showings of the series. This together with Blackadder is the best of British comedy and something that I want to have on my PC.

4. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I remember watching this and Men Behaving Badly while I was in first school still :lol:

I had a pretty relaxed mother when I was younger. That changed as I grew up :p

5. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    The guys playing Rick and Vyvyan formed another comedy series called Bottom, playing as Richard Richard and Eddie Elizabeth Hitler. Same kind of humor, but filthier.

Eddie and Richard play Poker

Eddie and Richard play chess

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015
  6. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Bottom wasn't in the same class as The Young Ones. Neither was Guest House Paradiso.

7. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    :confused: I agree with Harbs!

Bottom was crap.. oh look he's hit him with a bit of wood, hilarious! It's about as funny as cancer.

The best British comedy is Only Fools and Horses - 100%. Although there is some stiff competition from so many others.

8. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Best scene is the suicidal kettle. Followed in a very close second by the TV eating scene.

9. Harbourboy

RICK: [reads] Oh, Cliff! Sometimes it must be difficult Not to feel as if You really are a cliff When fascists keep trying to push you over it! Are they the lemmings, or are you Cliff? Or ARE you, Cliff?

NEIL: Wow, that was really pretty bad, Rick!

RICK: Bad for society when the kids start to get into it!

NEIL: I'm going to kill myself now! [walks over to the oven, turns on the gas, and sticks his head inside]

RICK: Pretty angry stuff, right! Let them try and ignore that, right! Those clever-trousers in the army! And the police and the government, if they can. [pulls out his biro and starts writing]

10. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The People's Poet -- Rick was hilarious (and was also funny in Drop Dead Fred).

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.