1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The UK and the war

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Shell, Apr 10, 2003.

1. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    I'm sorry, I seem to remember that America weren't the only country fighting against Iraq.Maybe I'm wrong, since it's only America that is getting credit for attacking and taking Iraq. Some recognition for our troops please! :almostmad:

2. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I believe that earlier in the Alley, or maybe Whatnots, someone stated a newfound respect for the British soldiers. If I drank, I'd raise a toast to the British soldiers, though, risking their lives just the same as the Americans :)

3. Darkwolf Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

The British troops have fought valiantly; they are a testament to a great nation. They have been given the unenviable task of taking Basra, and they have done a great job. At the same time they have been considerate, and I would say have shown more restraint than the American troops have. By that I mean that I haven't heard of them abusing Iraqi's, as I have read a few isolated reports of American troops doing so. :(

The UK is indeed an ally to be proud of! :cool:

4. Boo the great Banned

[​IMG] And now Iraq is without a leader and Bagdad without police.
    So it's now a good place to be, when you want something without having to pay.
    I really should go there sometime.
    I really need some more things.

5. Iago Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I am actually very happy, that the americans have such a good opinion about the Unitied Kingdom.

I have a good opinion about the British too. And it will be very complicated for Bush in the next 3 years to explain, why the British suddenly are no friends anymore, Because I think that Blair plans to do exact the things, which he as promised to the British public.

6. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Many letters of thanks in Australia's newspapers for our contribution. Any from contributors here?

7. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

The australian Special forces were indeed a great help, problem is they did not get very much publicity (that being the point of special forces). and i thought it was Noble for them to fight in a War that they had little to do with.

I was very proud to be British after their superb performance in the gulf, i was also partially proud of American troops to, showing a lot more restraint than usual. However, the lack of tact involved in draping saddam's staue in an american flag could cause problems in the Arab world.
    but well done to all involved, perhaps hwoever we shoudl think more about the tousands who died rather than the millions that lived.

8. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Yeah.

It is painfully obvious to me, now, that I truely had no clue just how awesome the Britt crews are. I mean, I knew they weren't security guards, but I always figured they weren't the savage muthers that our Seals/Rangers/Special Forces were. They had morals. God save the Queen, and all that.

I had absolutely no clue.

Britts kick serious ***. And our Marines attended a couple of the seminars, and their productivity increased dramatically as a result.

But don't get me wrong, here. After this is all over, I'll still be razzing the Limeys just like always. Except, now I'm going to do it from the other side of the street, and I'm going home when it starts to get dark.

9. Sprite Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Anyone impressed with the Brit performance thus far should read Bravo Two Zero, a first-person account of a British operation during the first installment of the Gulf War. Wow. A riveting book by a terrific soldier.

10. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I recall a Newsweek article about how four American marines died in a helicopter crash or something.

It did not make any mention of the eight British who died.

Shame. :(

11. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I think we all did well (I'm a UKer to those that dont know) and I am proud of our troops! And when i saw our troops and the Americans marching all over Iraq, something twinged and i smiled an emotional one. Sometimes, for some reason, i wish i was beside the British and American troops, battling it out...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.