1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Story of Jade

Discussion in 'Creativity Surge' started by DarkGoddess, Nov 10, 2003.

1. DarkGoddess Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Well, this is my first time doing this sort of thing, but I hope you enjoy it. Please excuse any spelling mistakes. :)

Episode 1

The year: 2467
    Place: Earth, the future

The entire surface was dasolate and barren. It was a wasteland as far as the eye could see. This wasteland was the Earth. In the year 2467, the Earth had been destroyed, not by the humans who inhabited it, but by its own self. The ground split open and swallowed millions; it spewed molten rock and created hurricanes, tornadoes, and tidal waves that ravished the already weak land.

The few humans that were left knew that if they remained on Earth in its present state, that humans would become extinct. They had to use an experimental cryogenic medicine that enabled the rest of the human race to fall into a hibernating sleep. They had hoped that once they awakened that Earth would be in a state of renewal. They could never have been more wrong.

After a year's sleep, the humans were suddenly awakened from their deep sleep and found that their beloved Earth was still a barren desert. They cried to themselves, asking Mother Nature why she cursed them. But then, off in the near distance, a mother cried out in agony because her son had disappeared before her very eyes.

"Where is my son?! Where is he," the woman cried hysterically.

"Calm yourself, woman. Your son shall be found," a nearby man said, trying to comfort her with his eyes, but the woman was unaffected and still hysterical.

"Please, sir! You must find him, he is all I have," she cried.

"Mommy, I'm here," a voice said. Right before their eyes, the boy materized beside his mother.

The mother bent down and hugged her son tightly. "What happened?! Where did you go?!"

"You can do it too, Mommy. We all can do it."

Suddenly, one by one, people disappeared and reappeared at random, some even flew. Amongst the gasps and shrieks of horror and pleasure, the same man who assisted the crying woman called out, "My friends, please listen to me! We all have had side effects due to the cryogenic process."

Anguished cries emitted from the crowd.

"No, we are not cursed."

"But our planet is," another man shouted angrily.

"We can get through this," the speaker continued. "We can use out new abilities to rebuild the Earth. My friends, nature cannot repair itself without our help. Will you help me help the Earth??"

The crowd jumped to its feet and shouted, "Yes!"

From that moment on, the lost people of Earth joined together to rebuild their world. Into the next millenium, the people of Earth healed nature and made it a better place. There was an universal language and an universal currency. They rebuilt their cities, but they caused no more harmful pollutants. They respected nature and hoped that Mother Earth would never try to destroy them again.

Mostly, the people separated themselves into two distinct groups, the Voydians and the Gattidians. This separation was based on the specific side effects that they gained from the cryogenic experiment. They Voydians had the power of teleportation, instantly transporting them to their hearts' desire, they could also manipulate kinetic energy, from pushing a small penny to even crushing boulders with a mere thought, and they possessed telepathy, sending and receiving the thoughts of others. The Gattidians had the ability to defy gravity and take flight, and they also possessed superhuman strength and superhuman agility.

Also, with the powers came the change in attitudes. The Voydians were very tempermental and loved to fight. However, the Gattidians were peaceful and friendly. But, despite these differences, they lived together in peace for over five hundred years until the Voydians decided that they should rule the planet and continue industrialization. The Gattidians, who still believed that the Earth should be respected, said that they were at the peak of civilization and should go no further. This simple argument started a war in the year 3000, and it separated many of the mixed families. It is also, after ten years, where we begin our tale.

Year: 3010
    Place: New Genesis, Earth

Two warriors stood, poised for battle, on the roof of one of the numerous buildings in the capital of the Earth, New Genesis.

One of the figures, who's features were hidden by a hooded cloak broke the silence first. "Well, it's been a long time for me, Voydian. Are you prepared to face my blade?" The figure drew out a gleaming, double-edged sword from the sheath wrapped around its waist.

"Hmm," the other warrior said. "A magnificent sword. Are you sure you know hot to use it, Gattidian? I wouldn't want you to hurt yourself." He laughed heartily as he revealed his ax.

"Well, come on, then," the Gattidian taunted. "Bring it on." The figure charged at the ax-wielding Voydian with sound-breaking speed.

"What? How could that Gattidian teleport," the Voydian exclaimed. He gasped as he felt the double-edged sword go straight through his abdomen. "It isn't--" he stammered as blood poured from his mouth and he collaspsed down on the roof.

"I can't teleport, Voydian. I'm just that fast." The Gattidian pulled the sword out and cleaned the blade against the Voydian's pant leg. "Mmm, you know, you never really had a chance."

"Who are you," the Voydian said, taking labored breaths.

"Very well," the figure said. "I suppose I can grant you a final wish." The fighter removed the hood that covered its face.

The male warrior's eyes widened as he said his last word, "Jade."

"Ah, so I see you've heard of me. Pity you didn't know that before we fought," she said, shrugging. She had brown, wavy hair, which she held in place with a simple tie. She was tall, almost reaching 5'10, and she had one characteristic that no other Gattidian that she knew had: green eyes.

Jade knelt down and began to search the body. "Ugh. No matter how many times I do this, it still makes me queasy." She found a brown sack tied to his belt and opened it. She smiled triumphantly as she poured its contents into her palm, various precious gems. "Magnificent. I always loved jewels." She continued her search and frowned when she finished. "Hmm, sadly I expected more. Guess it's my punishment for killing you."

She stood and tied the bag to her own belt and sheathed her sword. Then, she lifted the dead Voydian onto her shoulders. "Oh, man. Why do all of you Voydians smell like you've never taken a bath? Eww."

Jade picked up his ax and flew off from the building. After a short time of flying, she landed in a deserted forest. She looked down at an open grave and flung the dead body into it. She sighed contently and stretched her back in a feline manner. "May you use this body to heal your wounds, Mother Earth."

Then, she began to shovel a pile of dirt in the grave. Whe she finished, she sat down on the ground, exhausted. "Hmm. I'd better get back to New Genesis and make my report." She stood with a groan and glanced at her bloodied clothes. "Damn. This had better not stain, either. Something told me not to wear my favorite suit."

Jade picked up the ax and examined the chipped blade. "Seems like out little warrior had broken a lot of bones with this toy. Well, at least Gattidians won't have to worry about him anymore." She flew away from the gravesite, with ax in hand.

Place: High Council Palace, New Genesis

The Voydian High Council sat in their conference room, eyeing each other, sadly. The warrior, Cyrus, was declared dead. Though they had no body, his ax rested across their conference table.

"When will this stop," a man shouted, rising to his feet. "One of our talented warriors is killed almost everyday! If this keeps up, then we are guaranteed defeat."

"Take your seat, Lieutenant," General O'Reilly ordered, the man at the head of the table and the council. He looked as if he was in his mid-fifties, had grey hairs streaking throughout his short, brown hair, but he was still considered dashingly handsome.

After the lieutenant sat, he continued, "What do we know about this killer, Commander, this obvious Gattidian?" He turned her chair to the right, to the aforementioned commander.

The commander was a woman in her early twenties, and she had long, dark hair that flowed down her back. She picked up a small, electronic notebook, looked at it, and answered, "Unfortunately, we know nothing about this killer. His style is unknown, except for the fact that he likes to leave his victims' weapons on our doorstep. We have no idea where he gets his information about us from, though the though of a leak is being considered."

"But, how does he know exactly where our people will be? Could he be--" the lieutenant paused as the whole council watched a blue-haired man walk into the room. "Well, I'm glad you decided to join us, Sapphire."

"Are you, Krais," Sapphire asked, a mocking smile spreading across his face. "Forgive my tardiness, ladies and gentlemen." He sat down next to the commander and winked at her. "Continue with your report."

General O'Reilly cleared his throat. "Care to tell us where you were?"

"Of course, General, but after the briefing." He turned to Krais and set a blue gaze upon the man.

"As I was saying," Krais continued, "could the killer be telepathic?"

Another man spoke, "Are you suggesting that a Voydian is killing his own kind? Preposterous, Krais!"

"It was only a thought, Darryl. Maybe it's a telepathic Gattidian."

A woman let out a peal of laughter. "The chances to that are slim to none. However, don't quote me on it. We're still evolving, people. Although, the possibility of a telepathic Gattidian is immeasurable, it could still happen."

Krais frowned at the woman. "Thank you for putting us in a deeper hole, Professor Kaori. Your knowledge is appreciated, as always."

The professor laughed once more. "As it should be, Krais."

Captain Darryl Eliot said, "General, do you remember the Gattidian legend? That warrior woman?"

O'Reilly stroked his stubbly chin. "Ah, yes. Do you suppose it is her, Commander?"

"The warrior?" She let out a shrill laugh. "Hardly."

Professor Kaori shifted in her chair as she said, "It was said that she knew thing that no one else knew. How could she not be a possibility?"

"Because," the commander stressed, "it was said that she was killed in the Battle of Conroy, and that was over two years ago!"

Krais nodded his head. "That's true. We never heard from her again."

Suddenly, Sapphire started to laugh. "You are so wrong, Maiya. The warrioress is very alive."

"How do you know," O'Reilly asked, eyeing Sapphire with interest.

"That is why I was late."

"You ran into her," Maiya said on a
    gasp. "I don't believe you."

"There is no way you could've done battle with the Gattidian and be before us," Eliot exclaimed.

"I didn't say I ran into her," Sapphire pointed out. "Instead, I settled for a cohort of hers. The lady put up a fight, but I eventually overpowered her. She pleaded for her life and other such things, so I struck a deal with her. I asked for information and got it."

"What kind of information," Krais quiered.

"I didn't get her name, which is a pity, but I got her basic physical features. Although, I don't believe what the ***** said."

Everyone at the table said, "Why?"

"She said the warrior was a Gattidian, but she has green eyes."

"Green eyes?! It's impossible," Kaori shouted. "No Gattidian can have green eyes. It's simply not in their physiology."

"I know what I heard, Nanci," Sapphire said. "That doesn't mean I believe it."

"Green eyes," O'Reilly repeated softly. By the stars, don't let it be her!

"Anthony, are you alright," Maiya asked.

He nodded his head quickly. "Commander, Captain, Lieutenant, this threat to our cause must be dealt with. Now, I--"

"Let me go, General. I'm sure I can handle her."

"Absolutely not," the general fumed.

"With my new powers, I could take her. I'll even bring her back alive for you. Please, Father."

"You are my only son. I don't want to lose you like I lost your mother. But, go on. Just watch yourself, and come back at the slightest bit of trouble."

"Thank you, General."

Be careful, my son, Anthony said telepathically to Sapphire.

As always, Father. Sapphire stood, picked up Maiya's hand and kissed it. "Wish me luck, darling."

"You'll need more then luck. You need a miracle."

"The vote of confidence is highly appreciated." He nodded to the other members of the council and teleported out.

Place: Gattidian-owned building, New Genesis

Jade sat next to an unconscious girl in a small, medical room. She took a towel, dipped it into a basin filled with warm water, wrung it out, and wiped the girl's head with it. "Oh, Nika. You're only fiftenn."

"And you think because you're her elder by four years that you could've withstood this brutality," an old man asked as he entered the room.

"True," Jade agreed, "but she didn't deserve this. She just came to us a year ago. Nika wasn't prepared for this. So," she stretched before she continued, "what's the prognosis, doctor? Will she live, Nicodemus?"

Nicodemus smiled warmly as Jade. "Of course she'll live, dear. She just won't be on her feet for a while. It's a wonder how she managed to get her with those broken ribs."

Jade nodded. "It must have been painful for her to fly."

"Indeed," Nicodemus agreed, "it must have. I saw the stones you brought back, Jade. They are magnificent. The sack barely had anything else but sapphires though."

"Not my favorite jewel, but valuable nonetheless."

"Did the blood stain on your favorite suit?"

Jade looked up at the elder man and chuckled. "Small talk was never your fortè, Nicodemus. Is there something you want to tell me?"

"Damn your perception, Jade. I could never hide anything from you." He sighed deeply as he sat next to Jade. "Before Nika was rendered unconscious, she confessed to me what the person who almost killed her looked like. He had eyes and hair of the bluest blue and all the Voydian powers, but she said he must have Gattidian blood in his veins, because he overpowered her."

Jade growled, "Damn him. I swear on my honor that my sword will be tainted with his blood!"

"No, Jade! He could kill you!"

"Nika was an inexperienced girl; I am a well-trained woman." Jade stood and looked for her cloak.

"Even with your speed, this will be dangerous, Jade. Remember the Battle of Conroy."

"Trust me, old man. I'll never make a mistake like that again," she assured him as she wrapped her cloak around her shoulders.

"How will you find him, Jade?"

"With his telepathic ability, it won't be hard for him to find me." She slid the sheath off her sword and handed it to the distraught man.

He scoffed with disgust. "You're just like that Voydian father of yours. Just don't get yourself killed, alright?"

Jade turned around and said over her shoulder, "Can you watch two things for me?"

"Sure."

"Watch Nika until I get back, and watch what you say about my father." She walked across the room to the window and opened it.

"Jade," Nicodemus called out, "you know your father was the only Voydian I trusted with my life."

She turned her head and looked into his eyes. "Yeah? It's funny. He was the only person I trusted with my life too." She pulled the hood over her head. "Wish me luck, uncle." She dropped out of the window and flew off.

"Good luck, child."

Jade flew around the city until she saw someone standing on a building, alone. She dropped down to the roof and concealed her sword with her cloak. "Who are you? Identify yourself, please. Do you realize that you are in Gattidian territory, Voydian?"

The Voydian laughed. "Of course I do. Just how did you know I was a Voydian?"

Jade bent her head back and laughed. "You Voydians all share the same smell. It's really very distinctive and horrific." She fanned her hand in front of her nose. "I thought Voydians are all for industrialization, so you would think they would stress cleanliness."

The Voydian turned around and glared at her. "Do you realize who you're talking to, Gattidian?"

"No, I must claim ignorance. Maybe you can clear that up for me." Jade stared at the man. Eyes and hair of the bluest blue. This is the one who hurt Nika. Oh, he will pay. Jade flapped her cloak back and pulled out her sword. "Get ready to die."

Sapphire shook his head. "Before I kill you, I just want you to know that my name is Sapphire, and I had no intention of killing you before you drew your weapon."

"Spare me your monologue," Jade spat out. "You almost killed my friend, and I swore I would kill you."

"Oh," Sapphire, drawled, "you mean that teenage brunette with the purple eyes. I do remember her indeed. She fought really well but proved no match for me. I didn't think she would live through all that."

"You're gonna pay for hurting her!" Jade ran across the roof and attacked Sapphire.

He gasped as he threw himself to the ground to avoid her blade. She's fast. I'd better watch it.

Get up," Jade screamed. She, then, kicked him in the stomach.

Sapphire groaned as he coughed uncontrollably.

"Maybe I can give you a few broken ribs for starters, huh?" She tried to kick him again, but he caught her foot and twisted it, which caused her to fall down.

Sapphire immediately rolled on top of Jade and pinner her hand down, making her let go of her sword. He chuckled, "It's gonna take a lot more then a few kicks to the stomach to beat me, Gattidian."

He gasped as he saw the hood fall back and green eyes stare up at him. "You. You're the Gattidian warrior woman."

"Gee, did my eyes give it away," Jade sneered.

"I promised to bring you back alive."

"You're not bringing me anywhere without a fight, Voydian," she said as she lifted her hips and lege to throw Sapphire over her head.

The both jumped up to their feet and scrambled for their swords. Then, they charged at each other, striking and blocking repeatedly with their weapons.

Jade pushed away frm him and said, "You're a better fighter then that ax-wielding Voydian, you know. You should be honored you made it this far."

Sapphire breathed heavily as he said, "You killed Cyrus. I'll tear you apart with my bare hands!" He teleported behind her and kicked her so hard that she fell off the building and crashed down into the street.

The Gattidians who were observing the fight came running into the street, surrounding her.

"Jade, are you alright?"

"Speak to us, Jade!"

"We'll get 'im for ya, Jade!"

"Go home," Jade said weakly.

Sapphire, then, teleported in front of the crowd. "Jade. So, that's your name, huh? Stand aside, people. It's Jade I want."

"We ain't gonna give her up to you, pal," someone called out.

"Have it your way, folks." Sapphire pressed his palms together and then stretched his arms out, releasing pure kinetic energy that pushed the crowd away from Jade.

As soon as the crowd dispersed, Jade took a dagger from her boot and threw it up at Sapphire, its blade sinking into his shoulder.

He screamed in pain as he pulled the bloody dagger out and threw it down to the ground.

Jade used her sword as leverage as she stood and panted, "You...want some more? I'd...be happy to oblige."

Sapphire clutched his bloody shoulder and glanced around, seeing the other Gattidians get to their feet. "We'll meet again, Jade."

"I look forward to it," she answered, holding her arm, which had been bruised and bloody from the fall.

As Sapphire teleported away, he said, "You will pay for Cyrus' death."

Place: High Council Palace, New Genesis

"How is he, doctor," General O'Reilly asked the doctor who was examining Sapphire.

"He'll be fine, sir. Nothing is broken."

"Then leave us," the general commanded. He
    waited until the doctor left before he continued, "I never should've let you go."

"She killed him, Father," Sapphire said as he sat up. "She killed Cyrus. I didn't even find out where she put his body."

"I know how close you and Cyrus were, but don't let your rage overwhelm you, especially when dealing with...You never told me her name."

"It's one I'll never forget. Jade."

Anthony gasped. "So, it's true." He walked away from the bed and placed his fingers on his temples, trying to rub away the pain.

"That green-eyed *****. How can she be so beautiful, yet so dangerous?"

"It's the way her father trained her." He sighed loudly and continued, "I thought she left, but I was wrong."

"Is there something you're not telling me about her, General? Something that you know?" Too bad I can't read his thought with the barriers up, he thought.

"One day, my son, I'll tell you the story of Jade. But, for now, you get some rest."

"You won't let me kill her, will you?"

"Make no mistake, I sill want her brought here alive, but you can't kill her. Her father would never forgive me."

"She's not my sister or some other crap like that," Sapphire exclaimed, wincing in pain.

"No," he answered before walking out of the door.

"Jade will pay for Cyrus' death, Father. I swear it."

[ November 10, 2003, 08:14: Message edited by: DarkGoddess ]

2. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

*claps*
    So, when are you posting the next one?

3. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Nice.
    Although there's not much reason for me to post this since I am telling you stuff in the chatroom, I'm still posting anyway.
    It's a tad fast paced. The fight scenes could be fancier. More descriptions in general would be good, too.

4. Valkyrie Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I like it. More more!! :p :D

5. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Yes, that is something that would be nice. More development of the world, if that makes any sense.

6. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

[​IMG] as it is now, it's displayed a lot like a play. I agree on more descriptions on the places, the time of day, perhaps more character traits too?
    Else good stuff :)

7. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    An intriguing start, but I agree that the scenes need to be fleshed out to be as interesting as the characters. Definitely keep it up!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.