1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The "STEAL" Screen??

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by Logun Ironwolf, Aug 7, 2000.

1. Logun Ironwolf Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Veteran

[​IMG] In the manual it says there is a Steal screen when you are in the stores. (much akin to the Identify and Buy and Sell scree) where you can steal items from the store. Is this screen only in certain stores or am I doing something wrong because I have never seen this option?

2. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    It doesn't always come up...But The icon has a hand grabbing for a sword (if I remember correctly)...Then you pickpockets skill is automatically triggered...Just make s sure it's your thief doing the stealing...

3. Javalar Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I think you have to make sure your thief character is selected.

Jav

4. Wingfoot Guest

[​IMG] the only place i remember that had this 'Steal Icon' was Bandoth, that really rude wizard that resides in a tower in the first part of Dorn's Deep. i tried several times to rip him off, but was unable to. i used my bard for this as i did in BG.

everytime i tried to steal, i was sent out of the Buy/Sell/Steal screen, but there was no message saying i failed, and Bandoth never turned hostile. so i figured it had worked, but when i checked my inventory, there was nothing that i attempted to steal.

5. Logun Ironwolf Gems: 2/31

Veteran

[​IMG] Hey, I have now tried *everything*, I have even tried only moving my theif into the sotre, but that option does not come up. Anyone else have any comments?? Its this a bug??

6. Javalar Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Weird, one thing you may have tried, but may have not, is to have your thief at the head of the party.

I"m out of ideas too =)

Probably is a bug, a good game, but relatively buggy.

Cheers

7. Gunthar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

It's probably a bug because I can't steal anything from him either.

8. Logun Ironwolf Gems: 2/31

Veteran

Ok I think we're talking about two different things around here.

On Page 22 of the manual it lists the STEAL screen along with the BUY AND SELL and IDENTIFY. *not talking pickpocketing here*

Has anyone ever seen this STEAL screen in the game?

I would really love to know. I have not seen it at all in Kuldahar and am slowly making my way through the game again. Interplay support has been less than helpful with this.

9. Wingfoot Guest

Logun, if you look @ my post just above, you will see that we are talking about the same thing.

i used my bard for this though, and it should work, because i used my bard in BG to steal from stores. i did not try my thief though.

10. Logun Ironwolf Gems: 2/31

Veteran

Hey;

sorry about that. I have looked around the interplay message board and it seems that that option was not implemented. No response from Interplay though, so no confirmation.

Cheers!
    Logun

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.