1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The SP empire reaches 7000

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Harbourboy, Jul 15, 2004.

1. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

[​IMG] Congratulations to the SP empire gaining its 7000th member!

2. Nizidramanii'yt Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Ah, what a miracle growth. I wonder who it is? He/She should get a 7000th member honorary gift or something. Someone may have a spare copy of Pool of Radiance or something.

Anyhow, it's great to see this community (or empire) grow. Up to 10000!

3. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    6500 of whom will never make a single post.

Woot. :thumb:

4. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

6950 of them who will never enter the chat room.

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

The number of members who have never posted at all is actually about 1900.

6. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The number of people named "Harbourboy" who ruined my joke: 1. :shame:

;)

7. Harbourboy

The numbers never lie. :p

8. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

It's cool that we're growing.
    Where did you get those numbers?
    SP is biiig and getting bigger; simply because It Rocks Your @ss Off.
    :borg:

9. Wiegraf Folles Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

If you go by member number, #7000 is Klim'En Zaur. but i think we have around 7100 members now (at least thats the highest number i saw)

10. Harbourboy

I think there must have been some members deleted hence the disparity between member number and number of members. For example, there is no member #1 (he vanished under mysterious circumstances).

11. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Hooray for all people with even hundreds. Now, if ms. and mr. 1000, 2000, 3000, and so on, would post, I'm sure we all would feel a bit better. ;)

Btw, 7000 is nothing yet; wait till it reaches something like 27 000... like one, other board... and we can start talking. :roll:

12. Harbourboy

SP is too exclusive to want to reach 27,000.

There aren't that many people in the world with the required standards of intelligence and refined taste.

:cool:

13. Bion Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Just looked to see whether anyone had taken advantage of having one of the trophy member numbers. Apparently not:

Member #100 (Ommelan) had 1 (one) post, while
    Member #1000 (St Genem) had 4 (four).

Strangely, Member #666 (BottomFeeder) had 0 (zero) posts, and what's more, identified him/herself as an attorney from California! BottomFeeder is clearly the :evil: of SP!

And you're right; there is no Member #1. Perhaps someone should ask Member #2 (Tal):

Tal: "I am Number 2."
    The Prisoner: "Who is Number 1?"
    Tal: "You are Number 6."
    The Prisoner: "I am not a number; I am a free man!"
    Tal: BWAHAHAHAHAHA.....

But looking through the member lists, Member #110 (Sir Belisarius) seems exceptionally well numbered. Bravo!

14. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Okay, if we just hit number 7000, then what the hell is this? :confused: :confused: :confused:

So 7100 is replacing 7000 now? Apparently the numbers are a little different.

15. Harbourboy

Jaguar - did you even read the previous few posts?

To repeat: there are some member numbers missing, such as #1 and #5 and 98 others.

16. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

I read them, but I assumed that the numbers weren't actually removed, just closed. I guess I just made an a$$ of you and me. (Get it, ass-u-me)

Ah well, ...

HORRAY SP!!! :D

17. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Maybe they skip numbers in order to make it look like there are more members (like one little german political party with an imfamus member once did)

[will you send bots to kill me now?]

18. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Anyone who doesn't know why there's no member #1 by now should be shot...

Hell, isn't it in the FAQ?

19. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

We actually had the same discussion when we hit 6000 ;)

20. Ancalìmon Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

And when we hit 5000, too.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.