1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The SP Conspiracy Theory Thread

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Bion, Aug 1, 2005.

1. Bion Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Please post your favorite SP Conspiracy Theory here.

Particularly relevant would be CTs involving 1) What actually happens "behind the High Hedges"; and 2) What's really going on with the new portraits.

Enquiring minds want to know! The Truth is out there!

Just to start things rolling:

In book 7 of the Harry Potter series, "Harry Potter and the Pink Dragon Disciple", it will be discovered that Tal is the dark Lord Voldemort!

2. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Shhhh!!! You've said to name of he who we must not pronounce!

3. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    As Dr. Jeckyll was to Mr. Hyde, so was Tal to Boo the Great, Tal's dark secret alter-ego. The fateful month Tal forgot his medication changed us all forever...

4. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Based on another post of mine I think Tal discovered he was a descendant of Bhaal through the dragon line. Thus the change in Avatar. He will now try to gather all the other descendants and, of course, take over the world.

5. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The truth of the new portraits:
    The dark sect known as The Supreme Portait Secrecy Account Holders try to tap on the powers of the cinister Second Man called 'Extremist' to adorate the vile Taluntain, who tries (an seemingly succeeds) to corrupt our souls and transform us into enslaved internet/roleplaying geeks.

Conclusion for me: Death Rabbit is my evil twin-brother!

6. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Hey man - you can't curropt and transform a dog into being a dog. We were already screwed the day we registered. :lol:

Edit: @ MoN's Conclusion,

Damn Straight! :thumb: :banana:

7. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    You can corrupt and transform a dog into being an Underdog, though. :p

8. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

In homage to the Da Vinci Code...

chevalier is clearly both a member of Catholic sect Opus Dei, and a Templar Knight. Think about it: the unhealthy obsession with paladins; and that comment "Knight of the Everfull Chalice" may sound like a statement of eternal optimism (the glass is half-full, etc.) but is in fact a knightly order! He is using his influence to spread the Word and dominate the internet one forum at a time. He already controls our news. Eventually, he will convert the 'net, and assume the papacy. Ideally, it would have been in succession to JPII (Polish double-bill), but Benedict XVI had to be brought in as a stop-gap.
    Pope Chevalier I: you know it makes sense. :pope:

And Dan Brown wondered how the Templars could have become so wealthy... Just what happens to the SPS donations if they get free hosting from the Vatican, hmm?

Of course, the might have actually invented the banking system, which was probably worth a quid or three, but that was conveniently ignored in the book. :rolleyes:

9. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

I think Taluntain is trying to unite the world under a new religion of Dungeons & Dragons CRPGs! They shall be played in every household at least one hour a week in place of going to a house of prayer, and all will praise the holy trinity of Elminster, Drizzt, and CHARNAME! :lol:

10. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Tal is just trying, in an insidious, round-about way, to encourage Spelly to change her avatar. And when she does, Tal can claim her old one as his own!

11. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

I think we are all labrats in the test of Dr. Tal. He has developed a machine which can change the people on these boards to their forum avatars and connected it to the server. So basically we're all turning to our avatars. Splunge was the first victim and after the successful test with Splunge the evil and mad Dr. Tal decided to change his avatar to a dragon a form in which he may finally take over the world!

/me looks at his chin

Eek! I think I can see a tentacle growing from my chin! Oh, oops it was just my beard.

/me goes and shaves away the stupid tentacle looking beard.

12. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Tal is Elvis.

13. Bion Gems: 21/31

Go for the eyes, Tal, GO FOR THE EYES!

14. Arifirh Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

In Tal's current guise, it'd be pretty tricky to aim for the eyes rather than, say, most of the head and torso. And he wouldn't be quite so easy to carry around in your top pocket.

Heehee, I wouldn't look any different. Maybe a little dustier.

15. Bion Gems: 21/31

Perhaps Tal's avatar is a miniature giant space dragon :hmm:

16. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    :lol: Come on guys, I thought I was off the wall. :p

17. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

What, we're all turning into our avatars? Never more!

18. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Hmmm *looks down* I think there is already a great resemblance....

19. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I don't want to be a gem :(

20. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    So why don't you do something about it?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.