1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Six Nations '06

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Barmy Army, Jan 26, 2006.

1. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
  2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Should be interesting. Based on the recent All Blacks Grand Slam tour, I can't see Wales doing as well as last year and it looks like it will be back to being a two horse race between a rejuvenated England and an unpredictable France. I predict:

1. France
    2. England
    3. Ireland
    4. Wales
    5. Italy
    6. Scotland (to lose every game)

3. Barmy Army

Media:
    It's got to be between England and France. I think France to win it, as their centres are about 10 times better than ours. If it's a bad day for running rugby and comes down to a battle of the forwards, England have the better forwards. We could do with a replacement for Tindall an all, he's been hopeless for ages. I'd be tempted to play Olly Barkley or somebody more inventive like that against the Welsh and the French and give useless Tindall the boot.

Looking forward to it.

4. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

I'm looking forward to it England are playing better but don't have the girls (threequarters, I used to be openside flanker) to win it, so I think HB has it about right

5. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I'm going France as well, then England and Wales.

6. Barmy Army

Media:
    Lol has been called back as is on the bench. We're sticking with Tindall *sigh* and Noon in the centre (the Welsh will be drooling the prospect of that).

I'm a bit annoyed that Tom Varndell and Olly Smith have been dropped and a bit suprised that van Gisbergen isn't even in the squad, I don't know if he's injured or what.

At least Ben Cohen and Mark Cueto are scoring well at the minute so at least we have some tries in us if we play with confidence and don't just play through the forwards all game.

The first games are this weekend by the way, the pick of the bunch, a crunch match between England and Wales. Going to be a close one!

7. DarkStrider

But Barmy with Tindall and Noon the ball won't get often enough to Cohen and Cueto :bang: it's annoying and I don't understand van Gisbergen either

8. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

When are you going to realise that Ben Cohen is a very average winger (almost as bad as Jason Robinson)? And the England / Wales game won't be close - England should crush them.

9. Barmy Army

Media:
    Cohen's got a decent try scoring record, he's shít hot when he's on form. Not as good as Mark Cueto mind.
    Why should we crush Wales (the reigning 6N champions)?

10. Harbourboy

Because England are back on track, given their recent good showings against the Wallabies and the All Blacks, whereas Wales have been rubbish - thrashed by the All Blacks and almost losing to Fiji!

11. Barmy Army

Media:
    Form means very little when Wales play England.
    Don't you worry, it will be close.

I wouldn't say we're back on track yet anyway. We've just, sort of, sorted our defensive problems out and our forward pack is beginning to dominate again. We're still a couple of good player short of retaining the WC.

12. Barmy Army

Media:
    Great game so far, really entertaining!

15-10 at half time. Wonderfully poised.

EDIT -

Wow, shows what I know. Bit of a statement there today. Although the injuries the Welsh have took their toll.
    Still plenty of room for improvement in the backs. But that was an embarassing display of forward power today. At one point, the English forwards drove the play 30 metres, I thought they were going all the way to the try line!

Bring on the Frogs, we'll dominate them physically as well, it's just a question of whether or not we can keep up with their running. If we play to ours strengths it'll be England though.

[ February 04, 2006, 18:20: Message edited by: Barmy Army ]

13. DarkStrider

What a cracking that game was yesterday have spent the time since the finish celebrating with several lagers. The french will be harder but bring them on if we play like that.

14. Barmy Army

Media:
    Scots beat France :lol:

6N is coming home :) .

15. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

What are you serious?

16. Barmy Army

Media:
    Yeah Scotland won 20-16 I think it was, bloody deserved it too. France really weren't at the races. No Jauzion = no invention.

17. Harbourboy

Ah, the beauty of sport. Even when you think you could bet the house on a result, you can still be surprised. England must be shoe-ins to win now.

18. Barmy Army

Media:
    France 43 - 31 Ireland

Brilliant game this! France complete dominated the first half, it looked like a 3 figure score might be on the cards, the Paddy's were all other the place. Then, second half, Brian O'Driscoll started to look like his old self and pulled a few strings, digging ireland back into it. 4 tries later, Ireland were well in with a chance to get something out of as France had really got to pot. But they just held on for the win.
    France were crap up front all game and their defense is shocking. Really tasty going forward though. I fancy England to roll them over if we keep the game tight.

Italy 15 - 31 - England

The Italians improve with every game! They made it really hard work for England all game. Up front, their really, really tough and their defense is solid as a rock. They tackle like bulldogs and it was like our boys were running into brick walls at times. We had most of the game but were finding it really tough to break them down. In the end, we had a bit too much for them, but it was really a tough game.

Wales and Scotland to come.

19. Harbourboy

This year's tournament is all over the place. In other rugby news, the Super 14 just started down here. Crazy stuff - rugby starting so early; the cricket is still going! The Blues got thrashed though. Stupid Blues.

20. Barmy Army

Media:
    Wales VS Scotland was shaping up to be a great game. Then Murray was sent off, a bit unfairly if you ask me. Thats going to break up a decent game now. Typical powderpuff southern hemisphere refereeing.

Really open game, Wales are getting the most of it as it stands, 7-3.

And there's a try, Gareth Thomas, 12-3, Stephen Jones should nail the conv.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.