1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The secret of Imoen's Belt

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Alienboy, Jan 10, 2002.

1. Alienboy Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] Imeon is a major part of the plot in BG2 so the programers gave her a an item to prevent her from dieing in the first part of the game. Experinced players should know this already but newer players won't.

1 This belt could help players greatly because if one wears this belt they will never die!
    2 Death magic won't effect them and hit points go below zero and the character won't die. This makes it the most powerful in-game item.
    Certain NPCs wear this belt to prevent their death for instance the Genie in Irenicus' dungeon is wearing this belt so if u attack him he won't die.

[This message has been edited by Alienboy (edited January 10, 2002).]

2. Mirkwood Guest

Go fight some Mind Flayers while wearing Imoen's belt. You'll find you are not completely invincible.

3. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

The belt is indeed great, however you are not invincible.. psionic death etc is still possible. And second, Imoen is the only one that can have this belt, without cheating. However for a solo char this would be a great item, you can only get it by cheating...

4. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Yes alienboy, you are right: Imoen's belt indeed is there to ensure Imoen's survival *fullstop*. She can even survive multiple hits with the killsword then -each dealing out 1000+ damage - wonderful. Yes, when Imoen dies in Irenicu's dungeon she cannot get beamed to spellhold and you cannot go there to rescue her ... once again the game developers created an item for game path protection reasons ONLY.

Think about applying this item on a char: Sure, it might be useful to have such the girdle but I think it would kinda take *any* challenge from the game when you have an immortal main char ... it's as unimaginative and cowardly as giving your char 12 million hitpoints using SK and attacking with the killsword as well, probably dualwielding it with crom faeyr for a better THACO and of course the damage boni of having str-25 :evil: :holy: :rolleyes:

5. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

"12 million hitpoints "

Whoa!!!

I've not tried that yet. I've been doing a piddly 1024 all this time. Soon as I get Bg2 loaded again, that's the first thing I'm doing. At least I don't have to import the KillSword in like I do on IwD. I always thought Imoen's belt was a moot point when I had so many Hp, but I'll give it a whirl.

I always dual wield with the Crom Fayer. If you attack the trolls too fast, they never have time to go through the death animation, and you can sit there and whack them with the killsword for ten minutes straight. But the Crom Fayer brings in that 'instant slay' deal, and it only takes 10 seconds or so. The 25 strength is moot, because I crank all my stats up to 25 first thing. Scroll memorization made e-z.

To do list:
    1) Load up Imoen's belt. Whack the end guy.
    2) Import Imoen's belt to IwD and whack that end guy too.
    3) Contemplate loading Imoen's belt into Bg1 and whacking that end guy too.
    4) Hunt down a substitute for Imoen's belt in Arcanum.

6. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Excellent!

You'll spend more time working out how to create the item than actually playing the game. What a great idea. ;)

7. Alienboy Gems: 7/31

Sorry! I didn't tell you how did I. Just use Shadow Keeper. Ok.

8. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

American by any chance?

I've heard that irony goes straight past.

Even with the smiley. Sigh.

[This message has been edited by Viking (edited January 10, 2002).]

9. Alienboy Gems: 7/31

sorry i'll try and find a cluacosole for it.

10. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Enough off-topic banter.

11. sorvo Guest

Is there a CLUAConsole code for that belt?

12. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  13. Alienboy Gems: 7/31

I would advise agaisnt the use of Cluaconsole. It's cheating and you might not be able to get rid of the item.:(

It cannot be removed from your backpack. Only way is through ShadowKeeper I think.

14. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Console's main purpose is in case you still don't know: debugging.

The secret purpose is "overcheater killer".

Love it!

15. Lord Sarevok Guest

Yeah, in the first dungeon Imoen is great for Memphit fodder, since she's immune to all of their nasty effects like stun or sleep :).

16. StressedE Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Hehe, regusa I love that tone of sarcasm

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.