1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Quest for Xach's Heart

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by Giles Barskins, Nov 21, 2007.

1. Giles Barskins Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Who knew there was a gay side-quest in PS:T? :heh:

I have a question about this side-quest, as I have not been able to complete it. I have found my severed arm and spoken to Fell via Dakkon and found out about my four former companions. I've spoken to Dakkon about it and he just tells me about Xach, I remember his name and all of that.

I'm using two walkthroughs and both of them say that I need to go to the mortuary and find Xach and talk to him in order to get his heart. The problem I'm having is that in the game, there is nothing I can find that actually tells me that he is in the mortuary. I went there anyway, per the walkthrough and found the zombie in the top right room. I couldn't talk to him because the circle under him was red and be began attacking me. I guess TNO was REALLY bad to him in his past life.

Anyway, I don't know what the problem is here and why he is hostile. I don't remember doing anything on my first time through that would anger anybody, as I kept a pretty low profile. I got back in to the mortuary by telling a Dustman guard that I wanted to visit Deionorra instead of having Pox smuggle me in. I don't know if this matters, but I'll mention it anyway since how I got in the mortuary may matter.

Any help or thoughts are appreciated.

BTW, I think this quest is pretty stupid because I feel that you are penalized if your character is smart and able to speak the Dabus language. My TNO's have always had enough smarts to be able to understand the language and have never relied on an interpreter to speak with Fell. I figure that I have a better chance of triggering a memory if TNO is doing the talking.
    On top of that, you have to choose Dakkon, so you have a one in three chance of picking the right character to translate.
    So, it seems to me that w/o a walkthrough (I didn't use one my first two times through) you will only stumble upon this quest if you- have too low of an intelligence to learn the Dabus language or never learned it AND you where lucky enough to pick the right person to interpret for you AND you, without any prompting from the game, decided to go interview every zombie in the mortuary. Does the completion of this quest without outside help seem a little too implausible to anyone else? :confused: :END OF RANT:

2. bugmenot Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Noone's going to go after you with an axe if you miss a sidequest, you know. I rather like the experience changing depending on what you do and where you go with whom...

3. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

My first playthrough I did it without a walkthrough so I feel your pain Giles. But aside from missing xach's heart I totally missed both optional mazes, Nordom and Vhailor! and some other stuff besides :eek: :doh:

but as bugmenot has pointed out, it gives the game tremendous replayability value. And it is awesome to replay.

4. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] If you leave the Mortuary with all the Dustmen and undead being after you, like after telling a Dustie on the third floor that you are lost, sometimes when you come return to the Mortuary, Xacharias will be hostile. One more bug that was never reported and/or fixed. :bad:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.