1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Punisher for PC. Sound Problems

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Istolil, Jan 22, 2005.

1. Istolil Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] Hi everyone. I just got the Punisher for PC and wanted to know if anyone else is having problems with in-game sound at all?

All sound runs fine from the launcher to the opening movie. I passed the settings test and even tried every hardware acceleration setting in the dxdiag. I get no music, dialogue or sound effects when I'm playing the levels. THQ couldn't help either, they just found out about the issue and are trying to resolve it. I called them earlier today.

If anyone has had the same problem and found a solution please let me know. This is the only game of all of them on my system that is doing this so it must be a program specific issue. Thanks in advance any help is appreciated.

System specs are:

Windows XP SP2 (up to date)
    AMD Athlon XP 2.2 chip
    Sound Blaster Live Audigy Platinum
    ATI Radeon 9000 256Mb video card
    1 Gig of DDR 2700 RAM
    3 hard drives with plenty of space game currently on 60 Gb drive.

2. Silverblade1975 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I'm afraid you aren't the only one having this issue. I've scoured the net looking for solutions and the closest thing I could find was an article about how Creative Live soundcards in combination with a specific VIA chipset interferes with the sound. It was nice to see a possible problem brought to attention, but it failed to offer any worthwile solution.

From the looks of the computer setup you listed, we have a similar build, and with the Creative Live soundcard for both of us, it maybe a hardware issue. Hopefully THQ will get their act together and put out a patch soon. I'd rather hear the cries of my punished victims in the game rather than see them mimed out brutally.

Honoris Causa...
    Silverblade

3. Damian K Gems: 1/31

I'm afraid this is not exactly the problem. I have a Nvidia nForce 2 Chipset and I'm using Nvidia nForce Audio integrated with my motherboard and i also can hear no sound in the game. It works in the menu but not in the game itself :(

P.S.
    My hardware
    Athlon XP 2500+
    GeForce 4 4800Ti 128 DDR
    1024 MB RAM
    200 GB hard drive

[ January 30, 2005, 20:20: Message edited by: Damian K ]

4. jaccor Gems: 1/31

I had the same problem
    Probably caused by some screwed up driver installer (no surprise if it was creative - i've got sb live!)
    You have to reinstall ADPCM Codec and Punisher should have sound again
    How to can be found here
    http://www.moviecodec.com/topics/2018p1.html
    It worked for me just fine

Cheers

5. Damian K Gems: 1/31

YAY! It worked! :D

Thanks a bunch mate! :D

6. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    That game any good?

As a Punisher-phile, I'm a bit tempted to pick it up.

7. Istolil Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Thanks for the tip. I went and got the ACE Mega Codec pack 6.03 and it reinstalled it for me so...NOW, I have sound to play The Punisher. Finally!!!!

Thanks to all who tried and have fun playing for those who were stuck as I was.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.