1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Penis Cutter-Offer

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Barmy Army, Nov 21, 2004.

1. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    That's the kind of punishment that should be dished out over here! I'd suggest there's a very good chance crime figures might just drop a little.

2. Geoff Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

It's definately a good punishment for rapists.

3. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Not exactly a topic for these boards though Barmy.

4. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Well, it's the AoDA, after all, and we've had such discussions here.

I don't see mutilation as lawful punishment, at least in the aspect of serving justice. It could be a means of protecting the society from the offender, though.

It can be discussed that making criminals unable to breed could help reduce crime figures, but there have been decent people brought up in criminigenous environments as well as criminals raised in exemplary families. That's all to it, in my opinion, as I don't really believe in criminal genes.

So far as rapists go, maybe... But still, we can't establish with 100% certainty that the man will never change, whereby if we were wrong, we would deprive him of a certain chance for redemption, which would be founding a normal family - given any woman would agree to found a family with a convicted rapist or would stay with him after learning of his past. The question whether the society has the right to take part of his body away is still debatable. Another concern is that rarely does it happen that we can be 100% sure that the man has indeed committed the crime. This kind of punishment is irreversible.

Still, I believe that chemical castration or forcing the man to take drugs reducing his libido beyond the possibility of erection would be reasonable. However, this wouldn't give potential victims full security, as you don't need erection to commit rape. I'll stay away from providing examples, though.

5. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I hope the cutter get his li'l one cut off. Stupid idiot, I really hope he gets castrated.

6. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

That sounds awful. :mommy:

7. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

/me crosses his legs

I think that goes beyond an eye for an eye. But out of curiosity, when the guy cut of the first kids, wouldn't the second have fought that much harder? I mean, what did he think the guy was going to do to him?

8. Rolsuk Fryulee Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

/me shudders

I doubt that guy will be robbed again at least.

9. Llandon Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

It doesn't sound aweful...IT IS AWEFUL!

Even if the suspected robbers were adults(which they were not), and if they had been tried and conviceted in court (which they were not) it would still be horrible.

It always astounds me what human beings are capable of doing to each other.

10. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I guess his thinking was that he'd make sure that the thieves wouldn't be able to have children and raise them as thieves as well...

What happened to the good 'ol days where you'd get your hand cut off if you stole something? :rolling:

11. Arahar

Arahar Hmm, it's a dwarf. Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

*cringe

That is horrible. I'd much rather lose a hand, foot, leg anything really. Thats just to much.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2012
  12. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

What you see here is rage by the victim of a young offender that might not get as severe a punishment as the damage the crime has done to the victim. The teenagers might be caned (basically a beating) which they could recover from, but the guy doesn't get his life savings back. This way, the guy doesn't get his money back, but the punks in question also suffer a permanent loss. Excessive? Yes. But the guy did get his point across...

13. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

If I ever break into someones house it will never belong to a Thai housepainter!

I can see why he did it as I would rather be robbed by someone that I did not know rather than someone that I helped and trusted. A trust betrayed is surely a terrible thing.

14. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Isn't this the sort of thinking that led to this, ah, incident in the first place?

15. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

I read the headline & thought it was a special offer for a penis cutter. Ebay special.

AMaster
    At least with castration has much the same effect on someones sex drive but without the nasty side-effects for urination.

16. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Why were you interested in a penis cutter?

17. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

I wasn't, it's just the twisted way my mind works occasionally.

18. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

And more importantly, what point do you want to get across?

[ Let go of this particular train of thought please. ] - Beren

[ November 25, 2004, 12:32: Message edited by: Beren ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.