1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The lich underneath the Crooked Crane Inn

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Killmenator, Apr 20, 2005.

1. Killmenator Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

In the City Gate District is an inn called the Crooked Crane. Walk around near the north wall, and a secret door will be revealed. Do not enter. Firstly, cast Non-Detection on a character, or give them the Cloak of Non-Detection. Then cast Improved Invisibility on them. Get that character to head down through the secret door. Open the chest next to the lich, and take the sword. Don't worry if the lich casts time stop, as he can't do anything. Head back up, and identify the sword. It is Daystar, magical longsword. Get your characters to surround the secret door. Give it to someone the invisible character, then get them to go down to the lich. Run up next to the lich, and use Daystar's Sunray ability. It will do massive amounts of damage. Then, just stand there, hacking away at the lich. Vouila! Instant 22,000 xp, some nice items, one of the most useful swords in the game, and without any party members getting hurt.

2. Western Paladin Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

You know, I never paid much attention to the Crooked Crane once I realized that all that was there (in the unmodded game) is Aulava and Tiiro. In my first ever game I found the secret door but I couldn't pick the lock so I left. Can you open it with Knock or some such?

3. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Nice, I never thought about stealing Daystar and using it against the lich.

Any decent thief with ~80 points in open locks should be able to pick the lock. Knock will also open the lock.

4. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

That lich is soo cursed, he almost always manages to give me headache!

However I did discover a bug, have all of your party (except you) move to the upstairs where Aulava and Tiiro are, and let them wait. (it is not a party required area) Then ONLY YOU enter the lich's room, for some reason Lich does not see, talk, or even attack YOU! All he does is to sit there, taking damage and die. Needles to say, it can not even be considered a battle, rather some practice.

I do not know this will happen in your game too, but give it a try! You may be suprised!

5. Ruin Ehwazehs Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

What is about Crooked Crane inn after installing UB?

I don't see any different. hmm, is that related to circus?

6. Marcus_Giden Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

@Ruin Ehwazehs

It is related to the circus and Kalah.

7. Will Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

You also lose some rep if you tell the kids to let their love run wild and free, if I remember correctly. You go downstairs and someone tells you they've been off killing and stealing and says "thanks a lot!" I'm fairly certain this didnt happen in the original game, although to be honest it's sometimes hard to pinpoint the small differences.

8. Gro'Mul Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Those two kids were in the original SoA.

9. Chickavalier Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

What kids? I don't remember and kids...... what are they do with lich?

10. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

The kids are in the top floor of the Inn. They have nothing to do with the Lich.

Oh, and I believe that their running off to a life of crime dialogue is in the unmodded game.

11. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    JSBB is correct. In one of my early unmodded games I told them to run off and everyone got angry at me.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.